59

When I opened my eyes, I noticed Peter still sleeping peacefully beside me. Carefully, I attempted to stand up but was immediately drawn to a sight that caught my attention—a packed suitcase.

Curiosity piqued, I hurried downstairs, my voice filled with curiosity and confusion, "Why are there packed suitcases?"

Bruce greeted me with a warm smile, replying, "Good morning!"

Y/n: "Yeah, morning! But seriously, why are there suitcases?"

Bucky chimed in, his excitement evident in his voice, "Because we're going on a trip!"

Peter, still groggy from sleep, spoke up, "Where are we going?"

The suddenness of his response startled me, causing me to scream and jump back slightly.

Y/n: "Oh my god, I thought you were still sleeping..."

Peter: "Sorry..."

Clint, with a hint of excitement in his voice, added, "Missouri! My family lives there!"

Peter inquired further, his curiosity piqued, "When are we leaving?"

Steve replied, his voice filled with anticipation, "Today!"

Overwhelmed by the sudden flurry of activity, I sighed and lay back down, attempting to process the new information.

Y/n: "Who's coming with us?"

Tony, trying to gather his thoughts, responded, "I think everyone..."

My attention then shifted to Bruce, who approached me with a small package in his hand.

Y/n: "What's that?"

Bruce, his voice calm and reassuring, explained, "Just some pills and medicine. Peter needs to take them too."

Both Peter and I protested vehemently, shaking our heads in defiance.

Y/n: "Nope!"

Peter: "Yeah, we're good."

But Tony, never one to back down, interjected, "You don't want to do this the hard way, right?"

Reluctantly, we turned around and took the medicine and pills, aware that resistance was futile.

Bucky, his voice laced with concern, instructed me, "Open your mouth, doll."

Y/n: "Why?"

Bucky, his tone firm yet caring, insisted, "Open it now."

Reluctantly, I complied, my trust in him overpowering my resistance. He noticed the pills under my tongue.

Bucky: "Y/n, please, just swallow them."

With a heavy sigh, I swallowed the pills, feeling a mix of resignation and apprehension. I trudged upstairs, Peter following closely behind.

Peter: "I hate these pills."

Y/n: "Yeah... Uhm, Peter?"

Peter: "Yes?"

Y/n: "I was really scared when you were missing..."

I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, seeking comfort in his presence. We held each other for what felt like an eternity before finally letting go, the weight of our unspoken bond lingering in the air.

Laura's voice interrupted our moment, her tone filled with warmth, "How sweet!"

I clarified, a hint of embarrassment in my voice, "We're just best friends..."

Laura chuckled, the sound echoing through the room, and I made my way downstairs, where Tony was waiting.

Tony: "So, what did Peter want from you?"

Tony's inquisitive tone caught me off guard, and a surge of defensiveness rose within me.

Y/n: "That's none of your business!"

Bucky, his voice filled with caution, reprimanded me, "Hey, y/n! Behave!"

Sighing in frustration, I reluctantly explained, "Well, he didn't say anything."

I sought solace outside, where Peter was waiting.

Peter: "What's wrong?"

Y/n: "Nothing, just Tony and my dads."

Peter: "Uh, I'm sorry. Wanna go for a walk?"

Y/n: "Sure."

Without informing anyone, we ventured off, the weight of our secret adventure adding a tinge of excitement to the air.

Peter: "Y/n... Uh, I know you don't fully trust me, and I haven't always been the nicest to you, but I'm... happy that you're my best friend."

Caught off guard by his honesty, I met his gaze, my eyes filled with warmth and understanding.

Y/n: "Peter..."

Peter: "It's-"

Y/n: "I'm really happy about it too."

In that moment, our connection deepened, and he pulled me into a tight embrace.

As evening fell, we returned to our "home," greeted by the watchful eyes of my dads.

Bucky: "Where were you?!"

Y/n: "Sorry..."

Steve's voice carried a hint of concern as he asked, "He asked where you were."

Y/n: "Somewhere in the... woods... Yeah..."

Although I sensed their skepticism, they remained silent, their unspoken doubts lingering in the room.

Laura's cheerful voice broke the tension, "Dinner is ready!"

My gaze shifted to Peter, and with a hint of regret, I muttered, "Thanks, but I'm really not hungry. Sorry."

Bucky, ever insistent, declared, "You will eat!"

Y/n: "No, I already ate!"

Steve, his voice filled with determination, insisted, "No discussion!"

Reluctantly, I sat down, staring at the food before me, unable to muster the appetite to eat.

Bruce urged me, his voice laced with concern, "Y/n, eat!"

Y/n: "No..."

My dads sat down next to me, feeding me spoonfuls of food, their actions a mix of love and desperation. With each bite, I felt a growing sense of nausea, until finally, I couldn't hold it back any longer. I ran to the nearest bathroom.

Steve: "Y/n?!"

Bucky: "Open the goddamn door now!"

I complied, turning to the toilet as I emptied the contents of my stomach, tears streaming down my face.

Steve, his voice filled with compassion, held me close as I leaned against him, exhaustion and sickness consuming me. And in his comforting embrace, I slipped into a deep sleep.