13

Some time later, Natasha sat beside me, gently brushing my hair. Just then, Peter made his way downstairs, his annoyance evident in his expression.

I decided to call Mia, and we arranged to meet up. As we engaged in light-hearted conversation, we noticed Peter and a group of guys approaching us. Instinctively, we attempted to walk away, but they intercepted our path, criticizing my behavior. I chuckled, ready to dismiss their words, but before I could, they forcefully pushed me into a nearby lake, leaving me drenched.

Mia helped me out of the water, and we made our way back to the compound. My dads looked at me with concern, prompting them to inquire, "What happened?"

Heading upstairs to change, I hoped to escape the awkwardness, but upon descending, I realized that Mia had divulged everything to them. Caught off guard, I met their gaze, feeling a mix of anxiety and vulnerability. After an hour, Mia had to leave, and I bid her farewell as she made her way home.

As everyone's eyes lingered on me, I questioned, "Um... what?"

Bucky's voice broke the silence. "Can we talk upstairs?" Fear gripped me, but I nodded nonetheless, and we made our way upstairs.

Once there, they gently urged me to share what had transpired with Peter. I mustered the courage and recounted the entire incident. They responded with kisses on my forehead before silently leaving the room.

Later that evening, I attempted to call Mia multiple times, but she didn't answer. Worried, I left her a voicemail. "Hey, uhm, Mia? Where are you? I'm concerned. Could you please call me when you have time?"

Feeling a persistent ache in my stomach, I couldn't muster an appetite, even when my dads presented me with food. "Um, I'm not hungry. Sorry, I'm just not feeling well." I excused myself and headed upstairs. Alone in my room, I found myself succumbing to the need to purge, except this time, it wasn't by my own volition.

Once I finished, I cleaned up and lay down on the bed, curling up in discomfort. Ten minutes later, my dads entered the room and found me in a vulnerable state.

Bucky's worried voice broke the silence. "Dolly, is everything okay?" I shook my head, unable to articulate the turmoil within me. Sensing my distress, my dads gently sat me up.

As I sat there, struggling to stay alert, Bucky whispered to Steve, "Come on, I know it will hurt, but we must do this now." Fear gripped me, and I attempted to protest. "I feel fine, okay? I don't need this."

Steve approached with a syringe, and I instinctively struck out, hitting both Steve and Bucky before fleeing. Running as fast as my legs would carry me, fear propelled me to seek refuge behind Natasha.

Bucky called out, pleading, "Doll, come on..."

Defiantly, I retorted, "No! Just leave me alone!"

Steve chimed in, "This won't hurt, I promise."

With a sense of betrayal, I replied, "You say that every time, but it's always a lie!"

Thor attempted to grab hold of my arm, but I kicked him, desperate to escape his grasp. I fought back, striking, slapping, and kicking, until Thor managed to bring me upstairs, my dads following closely behind.

Desperate for freedom, I shouted, "Let me out, you idiot!"

Thor responded, "Hey, watch your language."

Frustration and anguish welled up within me, and I snapped, "Fuck off! Leave me alone!"

Bucky resolved to fetch Bruce and Wanda, while Steve reached out for me. However, I broke free and ran, only for Thor to seize hold of me once again. Overwhelmed, tears streamed down my face as I cried out. When Bucky, Bruce, and Wanda arrived, they all worked together to hold me still, while Steve approached with the injection. I screamed and cried, but their grip remained firm. Exhausted and emotionally spent, I lay on my bed, sobbing.

Eventually, everyone bid me goodnight and made their way downstairs. Left alone, I tried calling Mia once more, but she didn't answer. With no other recourse, I sought solace in sleep, and after an hour, exhaustion overtook me.