58

I awoke and made my way downstairs, a lingering sense of unease in my heart.

Y/n: "Where's Peter?" I inquired, my voice laced with concern as I took a seat.

Tears welled up in Tony's eyes, prompting me to press further, "Where is Peter? What happened?"

Steve, his voice heavy with sorrow, responded, "Cutie..."

Y/n: "What?!"

Bucky, his voice filled with a mixture of anguish and desperation, revealed the painful truth, "H-He... he got lost last night! And we can't find him anywhere!"

Y/n: "N-no... NO! Dad, no... Tony, please! If this is some kind of sick training session, you..." My words faltered, and I forgot to breathe, the weight of the situation suffocating me. I took a deep breath, tears streaming down my face. "You better tell me! Please, that's not a good joke!"

Bucky, his voice trembling with remorse, pleaded, "Y/n, we will find him, okay? I promise!"

Y/n: "You promised me so many things! I don't believe you anymore!"

Overwhelmed by grief, I broke down, sobbing uncontrollably, and ran upstairs, seeking solace in the solitude of my room.

An hour later, the Avengers entered my room, their faces etched with determination. Clint spoke, his voice filled with reassurance, "We are going to search for him, okay?"

Y/n: "And I?"

Steve, his voice gentle yet firm, interjected, "You will stay here!"

Y/n: "No!"

Tony, his voice laden with regret, implored, "Y/n, we are sorry!"

Y/n: "For wh-"

Before I could finish my sentence, my dads locked the door, trapping me inside. Panic surged through me, and I frantically attempted to break down the door, but my efforts were in vain. Frustrated and desperate, I changed into my suit and leaped out of the window, determined to find Peter on my own.

As I reached a large building where I spotted the Avengers, I tried to move stealthily, but suddenly, someone attacked, choking me. Reacting on instinct, I hurled a metal bat at my assailant, sending him crashing to the ground. Swiftly, I donned a mask, concealing my identity.

Natasha's voice carried through the chaos, "Guys, who is this?!"

Choosing silence as my ally, I engaged in combat, my movements driven by a mix of skill and pent-up frustration. Eventually, I made my way to the room where Peter might be, my heart pounding in my chest.

There he lay, beaten and bruised on the floor. Without hesitation, I began administering first aid, the eyes of the Avengers fixated on us. Desperation infused my whispered words, "Wake up, come on, wake up..."

I gently tapped his cheek, willing him to respond. And then, finally, his eyes fluttered open. Relief flooded over me, and I threw my arms around him in a tight embrace.

Suddenly, the world around us began to shake violently, the building crumbling around our very feet. Steve and Tony swiftly sprang into action, scooping Peter up, their instincts honed by years of training. In the chaos, I caught sight of a bomb, its countdown nearing its final moments.

Time seemed to stand still as I shouted, my voice filled with terror and determination, "Get out! GET OUT NOW!"

Wanda attempted to argue against my command, but I cut her off, my voice unwavering, "Go!"

They heeded my plea, rushing to escape the impending disaster, leaving me behind.

From the perspective of the Avengers, their anguish and desperation heightened as they struggled to comprehend their helplessness.

Steve's anguished cry echoed through the crumbling building as tears streamed down his face, "NOOOOO!"

Bucky, his voice choked with emotion, wept alongside Steve, grief and guilt consuming him.

From my own perspective, I managed to escape just in time, leaping out of the window as the building collapsed in a fiery explosion. The Avengers tried to restrain my dads, preventing them from rushing back into the danger zone.

I sprinted towards them, my body trembling, desperate to stay awake and keep them safe.

Steve, his voice strained with emotion, called out my name, his tears still flowing, "Y/n?"

Overwhelmed, I collapsed into their waiting arms, darkness threatening to consume me.

After regaining consciousness at 4 a.m., I saw the Avengers huddled around me and Peter. I opened my eyes, my gaze immediately seeking out Peter's hand.

Peter winced as I tightened my grip, and in a barely audible whisper, I murmured, "Peter, I'm so, so sorry..."

Bruce, attending to our injuries, gently pricked Peter, causing him to cry out in pain.

Y/n: "Ow! Stop, please!" I pleaded, tears welling up in my eyes, my heart aching at the sight of Peter's pain.

Peter squeezed my hand tighter in response, offering a silent reassurance of our shared strength.

After the necessary treatment, my dads handed me a shirt to change into, their eyes filled with concern as they glanced between Peter and me. I locked eyes with Peter, the unspoken understanding between us grounding me in the midst of chaos.

Y/n: "Goodnight, Parker..." I whispered, my voice filled with a mix of exhaustion and affection, as sleep beckoned me once more.

Peter: "Goodnight, y/n... You know that you're crazy, right?" he chuckled softly, his voice laced with a blend of fondness and admiration.

As the darkness of slumber enveloped us, I clung to the warmth of his presence, finding solace in the midst of uncertainty.