❁28:Phonecall❁

It was 11 PM but Jungkook wasn't sleepy at all. Instead, he was sitting on his bed with cross hands and his gaze fixated on his phone.

He was waiting. Waiting for someone to call him. And this someone was Jimin. Tae said that he'll make sure Jimin call him but he still hadn't called yet and this was making Jungkook worried.

What could have been the possible reasons? He came out of his thoughts when he heard a knock on the door. Soon after, his mother opened the door with a glass of banana milk in her hand.

Her lips were stretched in a smile but it faded as soon as she saw the worried expressions on Jungkook's face.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" JK asked as his mother walked into the room and sat on the bed beside him.

"Here!" She said as she gave JK glass of banana milk which caused JK to smile a bit. He took the glass and mumbled a thank you before enjoying the sweet taste.

"Why were you looking so worried?" His mother asked him as he stopped drinking and looked at her.

"I-I was actually umm" Jungkook stopped in middle sentence.

"Waiting for Jimin's call?" His mother asked which surprised JK. His mother sure knew him well. He nodded slightly as he heard his mother sigh.

"He hasn't called you yet?" His mother asked as he shook his head.

"Taehyung hyung said he would call me later but he still hasn't and I don't know why" Jungkook replied.

"If you ask me, there can be two reasons why he hasn't called you" His mother replied.

"What reasons?" Jungkook asked.

"First, maybe he doesn't want to talk to you. Second, maybe Taehyung doesn't want him to talk to you" His mother replied and shrugged. Jungkook didn't understood what she was trying to say.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"See, to be honest, what you said to Jimin that day when he confessed you, was nothing but extremely harsh words. If I would be in his place, I would never talk to you again for rest of my life for the sake of self respect. Second, maybe Taehyung doesn't want him to talk to you that's why he didn't tell him about your call" She explained as both the reasons hit Jungkook harder than a truck.

Jimin didn't call me because he didn't wanna talk?
So will he never talk to me again? He's not gonna talk to me his whole life? So does that mean I lost him?

Jungkook thought in his mind as he started panicking. No, he didn't want this. He was at fault and he knew that, and he'll apologize for it but he didn't want to lose this friendship. Sure he was dumb to say those harsh things without thinking that day. He even cursed at Jimin and now that his mother said that she would never talk to someone like that because of self respect, it scared Jungkook.

However, this wasn't all. What was even worse was the second reason as he thought of it.

"But-But why does Taehyung hyung will try to stop him from talking to me?" JK asked as his mother just shrugged.

"That I don't know. You sure have to figure that out yourself, Jungkook" She replied as she stood up.

"It's really late now. You should sleep. I'm going too. Goodnight" She wished JK, and kissed his forehead as he wished her too.

She walked out of the room after wishing him a good night but she was completely unaware of the fact that she just made Jungkook restless by what she said to him.

Jungkook just sat on his bed and spaced out for complete fifteen good minutes as he thought of the possible reason why Tae could stop him from talking to Jimin.

But then, a thought striked his mind. A thought that took his left over sleep away.

Does Taehyung hyung love Jimin?

Jungkook thought in his mind. It felt like it was always visible but he just never focused on it. And now that he connected the dots of his mind, it was becoming crystal clear that his assumption was correct.

Taehyung always liked hanging out and spending time with Jimin. He would always compliment him too. He even shared his room or slept in Jimin's room with him many times. He even took him to his hometown when he was supposed to come with me. Most importantly, he said that he was also gay. Does that mean he like Jimin?

Jungkook thought and with each thought, he was becoming more and more sure. That familiar burning feeling came back to his stomach and this time he knew it was jealousy. He didn't want to lose Jimin but, was Tae trying to steal Jimin from him. Jimin wasn't his, so why was he thinking this way?

He felt an uneasy wave of emotions took over him and started feeling stuff. Even in the morning, when he called Jimin, Tae picked it up. What was Tae doing in Jimin's room? He gripped his hands in a fist and felt an urge to punch someone, so he decided to assault the poor pillow by punching it.

Why was he so angry? He asked this question to himself but he was blank. He absolutely had no answer.

Is Taehyung hyung jealous of me? That's why he's stopping Jimin?

Jungkook thought. Even if Tae was jealoused of him, he had no right to stop Jimin from talking to him. Jimin could make his own decisions.

He was determined to call Jimin once again tomorrow. He decided that he'll talk to him and apologize sincerely. Then, this all would be over. Everything would be fine like before.

Well, he was completely clueless about what future was holding for him.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛
Do you want something particular in Story? Is my story becoming boring? Just wanted to ask to assure that y'all are enjoying the story.

Hope y'all like the chapter. Please vote and comment.

Next chapter will be published soon.

Till then, peace out. (◕‿-)