❁77:Reunion❁

"I can't do this, Jungkook. I can't." Jimin said, turning around to leave since he really felt like he couldn't do this. However, his heart skipped a beat when he turned around and found his father standing there, looking at him. His breath got caught in his throat, his legs trembling at the sight of his father who was looking back at him with wide eyes.

Jungkook was surprised too. Jimin's father was probably returning home from somewhere, that's why they met him like this. But whatever the reason was, Jungkook was glad about the coincidence.

However, Jimin was blank. Completely blank. Tears turned his eyes glassy as loads of sweet as well as sad memories of him with his father hit him at once. He was meeting his father after years and he had no idea about what he was supposed to say or how to react, having no control over the few tears that leaked from his eye, rolling down his soft cheeks.

"D-Dad, I-I" Jimin stuttered, his lips quivering. However, his whole body froze when his father ran to him before throwing his arms around him as he caught his petite body in a bone crushing hug.

Both Jungkook's and his jaw dropped to the ground. This wasn't something that they expected at all. Jimin's system had already stopped processing as his father hugged him. He glanced at Jungkook who was standing at the side with his own mouth wide open. But soon, he closed his mouth, as he nodded at Jimin, smiling weakly, more like assuring him.

Jimin finally seemed to get a bit of courage as he raised his hands a bit, hesitantly wrapping them around his father as he hugged him back. However, he was more than shocked when he did because he felt his father's body shaking in his arms. Sniffles were heard as Jimin didn't take long to realize that his father was sobbing badly on his shoulder.

This confused Jimin as he furrowed his eyebrows. What did he do now? Why was his father crying again because of him? A wave of questions washed over his mind.

"D-Dad, w-why are you crying?" Jimin asked, his own voice cracking as he pulled from the hug, just to find his father's cheeks stained with pearl like tears that broke his heart.

"J-Jimin, I...I-I'm sorry." Was the first thing that Mr Park managed to utter in between his cryings. The sudden apology astonished Jimin.

"Huh?" Jimin huffed. Mr Park took a deep breath to calm himself down as he continued.

"I'm sorry for blaming you for your m-mother's death, Jimin." Mr Park said, tears fogging his eyes again as Jimin's eyes widened. His father was the one to blame him and now he was apologizing for it. Why? "I-I know you might never forgive me but I don't blame you for it because.... I-I did wrong. I was wrong. Your m-mother's death was never your fault, Jimin" Mr Park hiccuped as he said this all. Jimin bit his lips, silently listening to his father, trail of tears pouring down his soft cheeks.

"I-I was disturbed after your mother's death and I couldn't take it that she was no more... And in the h-heat of the moment, I-I let out all my grief on your shoulders when you yourself were hurting." He accepted, sobbing badly, tears painting his face.

"I realised that I was w-wrong so many years ago. But... But I could never have enough courage to e-ever contact you so I-I called your manager, hoping that he might help. But he scolded me and told me how y-you begged and fighted him so many times so that you can come here. A-And that just m-made me even more guilty. I was scared to c-contact you anymore. I thought that I'll just... Just hurt you even more. You never came here again and I thought you... You hated me. And I deserved that. But I-I just hoped that someday you might come back and f-forgive me" Mr Park said, his sclera red from crying.

Hearing everything, Jimin felt his legs wobble. His heart was clenching badly in his chest, his face stained with tears. He couldn't believe that his father was waiting for him, hoping that he'll one day forgive him and Jimin on the other hand was living his life thinking that all that happened in the past was his fault and his father hated him. His whole life was turned upside down and now, it felt like he was living a life of a lie all this time.