Home

Chapter 9

Needles POV

After three days of lots of love, learning and recovery, we were ready to take Spindle home from the hospital. I put him in his little car seat in the back and we headed home.

Once we got home, Pin took Spindle out of the car seat and we headed inside. Spindle was asleep in Pins arms as she held him. Then all the sudden he just starts crying.

"Spindle, it's ok, what's wrong baby." Pin said, trying to calm him down. All the sudden, we see his diaper get saggy, then he stopped crying.

"I'll change it" Pin said.

After she finished, she gave him to me, and I held him for a bit while the two of us watched a movie. Spindle started to fall asleep again.

"Awe, he is so cute when he sleeps with you." Pin said.

"He's just as cute when he sleeps with you, Pin."

"I've just been having a lot of emotions, you know. It's still sinking in that we're parents, we have to take care of this guy for however many more years. I'm just nervous I won't be a good mom."

"Pin, don't say that, you've already been an amazing mother to Spindle. You get him to calm down, you hold him gently, even when you change his diapers you are so good with him."

"You really think so," she said.

"Of course, I know he'll love you when he grows up."

Then, Spindle started to cry again.

"Oh, looks like he's hungry. Let me go feed him." I went to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle, and filled it up with baby formula. I got back on the couch and put the bottle too his mouth. Immediately, he started to drink it.

"Looks like this little guy had a long day. Look at him, he's basically chugging it down." Pin said. That last part made me laugh.

"He's still going, how hungry are you Spindle?" He kept drinking until he finished the entire bottle.

"Wow, that was the fastest I've ever seen him drink." I said. Spindle looked at the two of us.

"You little cutie, " Pin said.

After about another hour of watching a movie, Pin and I were starting to get tired.

"Looks like its time for us to head to bed. Your on Spindle duty tonight?"

"Yup, I may be waking up 3 to 4 times in the middle of the night, but its worth it for this pumpkin." Pin said. We changed Spindle one last time before we went to bed, and, thankfully, he fell asleap as soon as we put him in the crib.

"Night Spindle" I gave him a kiss. "Night Pin" I gave her a kiss too.

"Goodnight Needle, see you in the morning.

The Next morning, I woke up at around 9:00 am. I went to the kitchen, and started making breakfast. Pin woke up around an hour later, with Spindle in her arms. I could tell just by looking at her that she had a rough night.

"How many times did you get up?" I asked.

"3 times, once because I needed to change his diaper, once to feed him, and the third time I rocked him back to sleep," she said

"Can I hold him?" Pin gave him to me. "Hello Spindle, did you keep mama up all night? Yes you did, you little cutie, yes you did." He looked at me as I said that, and even stuck his tongue out at me. "I love you so much, yes I do." Pin laughed at me as I talked to him.

"I love you too, Spindle, just try to let your mommy get sleep tonight." I laughed at her when she said that. After the three of us ate, or drank, in Spindle's case, we put Spindle in a little swing that we got from the store around a month ago. We turned it on, and the swing started to move on its own. Spindle looked so happy in the little swing, I don't think he's ever smiled this much.

Pin and I were working on our next cake for most of the day, it was a wedding cake for someone. Once we were done with the cake, Spindle had started to fall asleep.

"Uh oh, looks like it's somebody's nap time!" I said to him. I placed him in his crib, he was dead asleep.

"Hay Needle, want to go deliver this cake now," Pin asked. Good thing Spindle fell asleep, perfect time to deliver this cake.

"That's a good idea, Pin let me go do that." I delivered the cake to the right address, I had to be careful not to drop it. I placed it down at the door, and rang the doorbell. Someone came to the door quickly.

"Excuse me, is this the home of Donut Glaze."

"Yup that's me, thank you so much."

"No problem, have a nice day!"

"You too!"

When I got home, I saw Pin feeding Spindle. I gave them both a kiss.

"How's Spindle treating you?"

"He just got up around 15 minutes ago." Pin said, as Spindle downed the bottle. He is one hungry little guy.

"Looks like he was hungry after his nap, huh." I said.

"He sure was."

I made some chicken soup for the two of us for dinner, then we watched a movie. Before we knew it, it was time to go to bed.

"Spindle, looks like you get to stay with me tonight." I said to him, he looked up at me.

"Trust me, this mama's excited to get some sleep tonight, looks like its mommy's turn to feed you in the middle of the night." Pin said to him.

"Yup, sure am," I laughed.

"Goodnight, Needle. Goodnight, Spindle."

"Night, Pin."

................................................................................

Baby Spindle is home yay! I love him! And Needle and Pin are being the best parents ever awe so wholesome! I can't believe this book managed to get 100 reads as quickly as it did, so yeah, thanks a lot, its crazy to think that people are actually reading my stuff! Stay tuned for next chapter, as always!

- Sunny