Dance Competition

Needles POV

Spindle had his first dance competition this weekend. He was competing in a group with a jazz number, doing an acro solo, and had a lyrical duet with Mattea.

Spindle has been working on his solo for a while, I've been watching him improve on all his tricks in rehersal. Acro is his strongest style, and it's clear he enjoys it. His solo is about a boy in a circus, and he portrays the character well. I was watching him rehearse, and I just knew he was going to do great!

He got a little break before he had to rehearse his duet with Mattea. Book and I were watching them rehearse together.

"Needle," Book said.

"What?"

"I've seen my other two kids compete in many diets before, but I have never seen a connection this strong. I know their only 8, but I think these two are going to do a lot of duets together."

"You really think so," I said to her.

"Yeah, besides, just look at them!" I glanced down at the two in rehersal. I could see the big smiles on both of their faces. When they were dancing, I could see the story they were telling together. Even the dance teacher looked impressed at them! It was amazing seeing the two work together.

"You know what, you're right Book. They are meant to be duet partners."

The group had rehersal the next day. I was tired just watching them dance, it looked like a very high energy number. Spindle had some featured parts in the number, which he enjoyed doing.

After rehersal, Spindle and I went home to eat dinner.

"So Spindle, are you exited for the competition," Pin asked. Spindle noded his head in exitment.

"I've been working on all my routines a lot, so I'm sure they will be great," Spindle said.

"Yeah, I've watched him rehearse his numbers for the past few weeks, I'm sure he'll do amazing!"

"Big brother Spindle is a good dancer," Thimbie said.

"Yes he is, Thimbie," Pin said.

"Will Spindle be gone forever," Alfie asked.

"No honey, just for tommorow. I'll be with him, so you and Thilmbie will be with Pin," I said.

"Speaking of which, when are you going to leave tommorow," Pin asked.

"6am, the competition is two hours away. It doesn't start until 9:30, but his dance teacher wants everyone there early."

"Oof, good luck with that Needle."

"Trust me, I'm looking forward to it," I said sarcastically. We finished up dinner, and I made Spindle check his dance bag to make sure he had everything.

"I have everything in my bag, mommy."

"Okay, but remember, if you forget anything, don't blame me!"

"Okay." Nighttime came, and Spindle said his goodbyes to Pin and the twins, since he wouldn't see them in the morning.

"Get some sleep Spindle," Pin said to him, "you want to be rested before the competition.

"I will Ma Ma."

The day of the completion came. Spindle and I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning to have enough time to eat and get ready. Pin made us some pancakes last night so we could heat them up to have for breakfast. Spindles and I got dressed, and he did one last look in his bag to make sure he had everything. We got in the car and headed to the competition.