Hit

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of physical abuse. If this is a trigger for you, feel free to skip this chapter.

Pins POV

Spindle just started up first grade and he loved it. He always comes home telling us what he learned. He even made some friends while he was at school. One of them with Oak Evergreen, Leafy Evergreens daughter started to hang out more and I love seeing them be so happy together.

"Mama, can Oak come over today,"Spindle asked.

"Of course, let me just talk to her mom first."

I dialed her number and when she picked up I heard her start to cry.

"Leafy, are you OK," I asked her, concerned.

"N-no, it hurts".

"What hurts?"

"Everything."

"Can you explain more?" I was starting to get very worried.

"...He beat me."

"Who?"

"My boss." Leafy had to sell her jewelry store, since she wasn't able to take care of it when she had Oak.

"Leafy...please tell me what happened."

"I came only 5 minutes late from my lunch break, but then, he flipped out! Then..." she went silent for a few seconds, "he grabbed me by the arm and started hitting me everywhere. He said that I displayed 'unruly behavior for a work setting'. I didn't do anything besides being five minutes late! I tried to get him to stop hitting me, but then he said 'if you don't shut up then I'll fire you.' So... I let him hit me, it's not like I had any other option." After she said that, I went silent, I was feeling so many emotions all at once.

Leafy is a single mom. She is always working, since she wants to be able to raise Oak as best as she can, and also has to take care of herself. Despite how much it hurts to say it, Leafy was right when she said she had to let her boss beat her up. She needs this job, but at the same time, she can't be working in such an abusive environment. I felt so helpless.

"Leafy, you know I'll always be here for you. What can I do to help," I asked.

"Get me out of the job... please. But I also need help making sure he doesn't do this to anyone again. And... I need to find another job, but I can't do it alone." All the sudden, Spindle walks into the room.

"Ma Ma, can Oak come over today?"

"No Spindle, not today."

"Aww." He walked out of the room. Luckily, he didn't hear me on the phone.

"Leafy, I'll do what I can. For now, just don't go back to work until it's safe."

"But what about-"

"Leafy, don't worry about it, we all got you." She started to tear up again.

"Pin, I can't thank you enough."

"Leafy, it's nothing." Leafy eventually hung up. Needle then walked into the room holding the twins.

"Pin, I heard you on the phone, is Leafy okay?" she asked.

"No, her boss physically abused her at work today, and I'm trying to get her away from this man."

"What is she going to do for now?"

"I told her to not go back to work, and that we would all help her out until it's safe to go back."

"Okay, are we going to do anything else about it?"

"My plan is to get on the phone with the police to sort this all out." All of a sudden, I hear the twins start to cry.

"Don't worry Pin. Call the Police right now, I'll feed the twins." Needle left the room to feed the twins. I called the police, knowing that Leafy wouldn't be able to do it mentally. I don't blame her, that experience must have been awful for her. I explained everything to them, texting Leafy during the call to get further information on her boss. She didn't tell me specifically, but I have a feeling that this isn't the first time her boss did this to her, especially when the police said he has had multiple accusations of physical abuse before.

The police said that they would definitely look into the case further, and would let me know if anything happens. I hung up, with a sigh of relief. I hope that Leafy is going to be okay, and that this doesn't happen to her ever again.

.............................................................................................

Short chapter, I know, but good news, this is the shortest chapter out of the batch I made at camp. So yeah, not much else to say, see you in the next chapter!

- Sunny