1: The beginning

She pushed her way to the crowd, entering the lecture hall

She pushed her way to the crowd, entering the lecture hall. All eyes landed on her, before completely ignoring the girl's presence.

The professor continued teaching the swarm of students who lacked of any enthusiasm. She spared a glance at her wristwatch that indicated the time, she was five minutes late. Walking towards the rather empty hall, she sat beside the vampire, Na Jaemin.

The world was full of ups and downs, literally. By each day, the population was growing but there was no one to rule them, control them.

The number of crimes were increasing, and so were the number of deaths, but did anyone care?

Absolutely not.

She was smart enough to know that the Demons weren't going to be any help to the world, but could she change that? No, not yet.

She was an ordinary girl, really. Her life was boring, having a few friends to talk to and absolutely no love life at all. Unlike some, she didn't want the adventure, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She was fine with laying on her bed all day.

But obviously, the world had other plans for her. Being a witch and wizard's daughter, she was taught to cast spells, whether or whether not she would turn out to be a Witch or a powerless girl.

Her parents weren't wicked, ironic of her to say so, infact they were total sweethearts, supporting her no matter what.

She wasn't outgoing, neither was she really popular. Quite the opposite of it, quite a few threw shade on her for not getting her powers even though she had turned 18 two years ago, the age of maturing.

It was not foreign to her at all, the names, the phrases that they would repeat. She was used to it, used to getting called a freak. They called her useless- powerless too at times.

Oh, how wrong they were.

She wasn't one to care, a stoic expression on her face every hour. But obviously, she always caught attention.

The girl had always been smart, having learnt to use the wand at a very young age. Her knowledge was vast- extremely broad. She knew everything about the creatures, Demons, Vampires, Hellhounds, Angels, Fairies, Elves and much more. But one of them was quite peculiar.

What was it's name again? Ah yes, a Phoenix.

The Phoenix was the ruler of the world, only one being chosen each generation. Oddly, the last phoenix was locked up, never to be seen again and the next Phoenix didn't show up either.

That only meant one thing, the most powerful Demon would take the throne.

Demon's really weren't angels, not figuratively either. They were like some would say- worse Satans. Satan was one old man, who had passed away decades ago. He didn't have any children, for his ugly personality and looks didn't allow him to even have a partner.

Devil's and Demons were different. Devil's would be those of Satan's- but they were extinct. Demon's were much more powerful, they weren't related to Satan in any way.

Ofcourse she wasn't scared of them, there were literally a dozen surrounding her the very moment. She was although afraid of the future that lied ahead her, the drastic changes that would occur.

Her eyes landed on her close friend, Jaemin. Na Jaemin was a Vampire, the closest species to Demons. Although he acted like an angel, it was over for them if one infuriated him. She had personally witnessed it too.

Her thoughts although, were abruptly cut off by her professor, the old man in his early 60's. He glared at her, lips pulled in a thin line. Once again, all attention was drawn to her, making her scoff.

They surely had no other work than constantly picking on her. Jaemin scowled at the people, making them look away in pure fear. Although that didn't exactly work on the old man, who pressed further down on her.

He pushed his rounded glasses on the bridge of his nose, crooked teeth being shown when he smiled at her. A disgusting sight indeed. Literature was definitely not fun with him.

She leaned back in the seat, one leg crossing over the other. Her fingers brushed aside her hair, staring right back into his eyes. He was- well a human, so it truly infuriated her at how he acted.

"Please pay attention, Li Yenmi."

Bro- I'm back with another book cz Renjun has been bias wrecking me recently

Any thoughts so far? 😽

Also this chapter is short since I tried to explain everything here 🤠

Oop I edited this chapter completely