53.

Yangyang sat up straight, clearing his throat as he stared at Jisung in disbelief

Yangyang sat up straight, clearing his throat as he stared at Jisung in disbelief. "He did what?" He repeated.

Jisung wailed his arms around, nervously chuckling. "It's not a big deal!" He exclaimed, hand rubbing the nape of his neck as he spoke.

"Not a big deal?" The dragon scoffed, running his tongue over his teeth. "That man threatened you with a knife to tell him the name and address of Yenmi."

The younger groaned, his long fingers raking his hair. "I did tell you it was months ago- plus, I didn't even tell him anything!"

"You could've died Jisung." Yangyang deadpanned, flicking the man's forehead. He winced, massaging the spot he hit with a scowl. "But I didn't."

"And the reason why you told me this now?"

Jisung sheepishly smiled, scratching the pad of his finger. "I just realised how suspicious it was." He mumbled, looking down at his lap.

"Jisung, you need to be more alert."

The said male kept quiet, knowing it was his fault anyway. The two were currently seated at the hideout, both of them on the couch. Yangyang had his laptop on his lap whereas Jisung just happened to bump into him while going to the training room.

"Could you describe him to me?" Liu asked, staring at the brightly lit screen with his squinted eyes. He hummed, biting his lower lip as he tried to recall the man.

"It was quite dark so I may not be correct," Park began, staring off into the distance. "-I think he had dark brown hair which was quite long, to be honest, probably reaching his shoulders."

Yangyang rolled his eyes, his typing halting for a moment. "Very descriptive."

Offended, the taller continued. "He had hooded eyes and his lips were thin. For unique features- I guess he didn't have any."

"So this man who held you at knifepoint could be any one of these seven thousand two hundred and twenty-nine people." Yangyang pointed at the screen.

"I don't remember much, it was right after the party," Jisung grumbled, letting his head fall on Yangyang's shoulder as he stared at the laptop himself.

Well, he wasn't lying. There was so much happening that day itself, and so much more happened later. The poor boy's mind couldn't even remember the maths equations he learnt last week, how was he supposed to remember this supposed threat who he couldn't even see properly.

"He had a weird voice."

"Jisung, I can't search up voices here." Yangyang grew tired of him, what if this man was just another person who wanted to kill Yenmi- to be very honest, there were many.

"Ah yes, he had a tattoo on his wrist that looked like a fire."

Typing that in too, Yangyang sighed harshly, glancing at Jisung. "There's yet too many." Jisung seemed to hesitate- but chose to speak.

"I- I'm not sure about this," He gulped, frowning as he tried his best to remember each important thing he could.

He wanted to be of help-- perhaps this would be somehow connected to Yenmi? Even if the Phoenix would come back alive, the question was, how would she survive?

Anybody and everybody knew that being a ruler- forget that, being a female phoenix meant a lot of harm. There was not one person in the world who didn't at least get a thought of either killing her or of how she would handle the crown.

Of course, her friends didn't doubt her, they were close to sure that she would do great.

"When I dragged him out of the car and was close to killing him, he teleported."

Yangyang nodded, anticipating his words- whether they would be useful to him or not. Perhaps not, but it was always a good idea to wait.

"I think I saw golden sparkles."

Two things:One, istg we're getting close to the end and yet they have to kill Mingxia

Two things:
One, istg we're getting close to the end and yet they have to kill Mingxia

Two, I officially began writing another book which would be a NCT dream book but would focus on some main characters only who would be: Donghyuck, Jaemin, Renjun.

Might make the FL end up with Renjun but y'all can choose.
Anyway enough of self promotion 🥰