3.

Renjun's head hung low, his jaw clenched as his eyes flashed red

Renjun's head hung low, his jaw clenched as his eyes flashed red. His throat dry, he couldn't meet eyes with those of his mother. "Son, you have to train harder! You're even weaker than me!" She exclaimed, hands on the shoulders of her son.

"Why do you act like you're good for nothing? Okay, you can't manage out some time to train, at least find someone to help you out!" She yelled, her long nails digging in the skin of Renjun.

The whites of his eyes became darker by the second, the black slit-shaped pupil widening by a fraction. His mother continued rambling, not even stopping for a second.

She jerked his head up with her hand, a snarl on her face. "You can't even look at me while I speak? What have I taught you all these years!" She spoke in disbelief, not missing the eye roll she got in response.

Renjun had hit a nerve.

His mother bought her hand up, slapping him across the face. His head tilted sideways in a painful manner, he bought his hand up to touch his cheek, a crimson liquid visible on his fingers when he did so.

His mother's, Mingxia's ring was sharp enough to create a scar on his cheek, hopefully, it wouldn't leave a mark.

Biting his lip ring in habit, Renjun looked up into his mother's black eyes. Just as the colour, they were void and lacked any emotion.

Mingxia's eyes widened, a gasp escaping her lips as she bought a hand up to her mouth. Her hand trembled when she realised what she did.

She tried to speak but no words came out, only a feigned expression on her face which Renjun had gotten used to.

Mingxia sped to her room, coming back with a first aid kit in her hand. She hurriedly put some ointment on the wound, bandaging it.

Renjun stood there, unfazed. He balled his fists as he tried to calm himself down while his mother did whatever she was doing.

His eyes squeezed close, he took deep breaths, the colour of his eyes returning to normal. The once slit-shaped pupil turned round, just like a normal human's.

Renjun yanked his mother's hand away, ready to walk out of the room. "Where do you think you're going, brat!" She yelled behind him, her usual personality back.

He looked over his shoulder to see Mingxia's crazy eyes. They were black, even her whites were black.

She was insane.

::  Later —

Huang looked around the familiar premises, a soft smile coming to his lips. He crouched down to pet a cat that came running towards him, she was mewing, nuzzling herself into Renjun's foot.

The grey cat looked up at Renjun, it's Heterochromia eyes were no longer seen, its pupil large enough to cover them.

"Em? Where'd you go?" A gentle voice called out, who Renjun assumed to be the worker of the pet shop. She peeped her head from behind a wall to find Emerald with Renjun.

Walking towards her with soft steps, Emerald immediately ran towards her, jumping in her arms when she Asian squatted.

"Aw baby, why do you love to run away." Yenmi said, stroking her soft grey fur making the cat purr.

Renjun stood up straight, the poker face back when he noticed her. She too stood up straight, Emerald yet in her arms as she locked eyes with those of Renjun's.

"You?" She said under her breath, remembering him from earlier. He cocked an eyebrow up, nodding curtly. Yenmi walked back to Emerald's bed, placing her down as the cat tried to crawl back into her arms.

"You should sleep, Em." Yenmi chuckled softly, a smile on her lips. Renjun couldn't help but smile at the animals in the store. If you couldn't tell yet, he loved pets, especially cats.

After washing her hands, Yenmi walked towards Renjun, hands politely behind her back. "Uh so, would you like to adopt a pet or are you just here to play with them?" She asked, making him turn around.

"The latter." He simply said, turning back to the pomeranian. 'He is not much of a talker' Yenmi mentally took a note of it, yet not knowing his name, not that he did either.

Not finding any excuse to continue a conversation with him, she turned to the other pets, ready to feed them.

It was silent other than the occasional barking or mewing of the pets. Even the two birds in the store chirping. Yenmi groaned at the mess the pets created after having a meal.

She got some wipes to wipe off the food which was dropped, not wanting it to leave a stain.

The silence was broken by a loud ring, which did cause Renjun to be a bit embarrassed. He picked it up, getting the phone close to his ear.

"Mhm, yes mother." He spoke, Yenmi being able to hear his mother shout from the other line. Renjun took a deep breath in, teeth nibbling on his lip ring.

"I'll be home in five." He said, confusing Yenmi as to how he could get there so fast. Renjun hung up, a huge sigh escaping his lips.

Shoving the phone in his pocket, he turned on his heel, only to face Yenmi's back. He closed his eyes, slowly disappearing with a black mist. Although he didn't realise Yenmi saw him teleport. Her alert mind immediately caught onto the colour, a satisfied smile on her lips.

"So you're a Demon."

Oooh~How you like that- neways I'll be taking things slow so don't expect Yenmi to be worried or even notice his scar thingy and Demon's can't infact, heal their wounds

Oooh~
How you like that- neways I'll be taking things slow so don't expect Yenmi to be worried or even notice his scar thingy and Demon's can't infact, heal their wounds.

Also how we feeling about Renjun with long hair and a lip ring and now a scar on his cheek— 👁👁