54.

"No

"No."

Yangyang scoffed, his hands itching to smack the boy. "Huang Renjun get yourself together."

"Can I?" Renjun said in disbelief.

At this rate, Yangyang's blood pressure was rising as he tried his best not to bring up everything he managed to know about the man.

Giving up, the Dragon rolled his eyes, sipping from his can of cold brew. His hands instinctively reached out for his cell phone, the other male giving almost no participation in the conversation.

The sun was close to setting, the different hues painting the usually blue sky. Lately, the days had become shorter- for it was already winter.

In a few weeks, Renjun would be crowned as the ruler, his mother's wish coming true. Day by day, the Huang boy's aura was becoming odd, something even Yangyang could not point out why.

There was no energy in the words he spoke- they were slurred and muffled. Even his actions were rather tired, he didn't even bother to have a smile on his face.

Some of his friends said that it was because of Yenmi, while Yangyang and Jaemin knew that wasn't the sole reason. There was no way on earth that Huang Renjun would become lifeless because of a girl,

Heck, he'd be like a ticking bomb instead.

Yangyang narrowed his eyes at Renjun, who seemed to have an inner conflict with himself. His hands clutched onto his hair harshly, probably pulling them out of their roots.

His once brown eyes darkened to a void-like black, eyebrows ceased together. The Demon's body was soon coated with a thin layer of sweat, causing his clothes to stick to his skin.

Liu immediately caught on to the sudden change, distancing himself away from him. "Are you okay?" He uttered, having no idea what was happening.

Earning no response, he shook his head. "Of course he's not." He answered his own question. A grunt escaped Renjun's lips, followed by a loud ringing being heard- ear-deafening.

Yangyang covered his ears with his palms, squeezing his eyes shut. The sound was horrific- the boy swore his eardrums would blast any moment.

"Leave." Renjun managed to say, his voice barely overpowering the loud ringing. The man didn't have to have been told twice, he ran out of the room without even taking his belongings with him.

As he slammed the door close, his body froze- in shock from what he just witnessed. To be fair, he should've tried and helped Huang out, but how could he when he couldn't help himself out first?

The ringing hadn't disappeared completely, just faded out a bit. Yangyang turned towards the door, staring at his friend's figure from the glass.

He watched how he fell on the ground on his fours, head hung low as he felt all the energy from his body draining. Yangyang's hand reached out for the handle of the door but halted when Renjun snapped his head up, his eyes screaming to not come in.

For the first time in years, Yangyang had seen Renjun in pain. The boy never failed to hide his emotions, it was like his full-time job at the point. However, this time every inch of his face was contoured into a pained expression.

Unable to see his friend in such a state, the Dragon turned his back at him, letting his body leaning on the door. He gulped, his trembling hand reaching for his phone- the only thing he managed to get with him.

Just then, the black screen of the phone lit up, vibrations crawling up Yangyang's arm.

Unknown number.

He pushed the green button upwards, bringing the device closer to his ear. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Liu Yangyang?"

The boy in question hummed, his jaw clenched as he waited for the female to continue. "I've called to inform you, sir, that Miss Li Yenmi who had been reportedly admitted on-"

His eyes lit up at the mention of the girl, a weak smile being plastered on his lips. "What about her?" He cut the woman off.

Anyone would be in a hurry- his best friend who was in a coma for a whole two months without any progress had finally some news; whether good or bad. He was waiting for this call from the hospital.

Embarrassed, the female cleared her throat. "She has woken up."

"