56.

The chilly breeze made past its way to her, hitting her warm skin

The chilly breeze made past its way to her, hitting her warm skin. The people on the road kept looking up at the sky as if expecting something.

Yenmi pushed her way through the people, looking for the male who usually stood out in crowds. She looked around frantically, her eyes meeting the golden hues of a man who was quite familiar to her.

A soft smile etched on his lips as he nodded, pointing to a certain direction as if knowing who she was looking for. That man was her saviour, quite literally too.

The phoenix nodded, following the direction given to her as the crowd slowly faded out, only a few people now in sight.

Li was yet in her hospital gown, the blue material not giving her any sort of protection from the cold. Well, yeah, she ran away from there.

"Where is he?" She spoke to herself, her hand resting on the metal railing of the bridge as she glanced down at the waters. The girl would've gone to the cliff where she usually met him, but something in her gut was telling her to do otherwise.

Just before she thought of using her powers, Yenmi saw a familiar head slowly disappearing from the corner of her eye. Renjun.

Without wasting another second, she began running towards him. "Wait- hold up!" She yelled, no avail. He kept going as if he didn't hear her, his head hung low.

"Huang Renjun!" She screamed, frustrated by how slow her body was moving. She barely woke up today- it was quite obvious that she wouldn't have had any energy to waste.

The demon, although, he didn't seem to care- just walking as fast as his legs could take him. Yenmi let out a yelp as she tripped over a rock, her knee scraping against the ground. "Darn you." She spat, dusting her hands together.

The girl pushed herself on her feet, trying her best to catch up to him. "Renjun! Please wait! I'm sorry for my words- I wasn't thinking!"

The said boy only halted for a millionth of a second, mentally scolding himself as he walked. Yenmi let out an exasperated laugh, hands on her knees as her breathing got heavier. "You're leaving again- just how you left me that night." She spoke to herself, but almost forgot he could hear her.

Renjun halted in his steps, his back yet facing her as he scoffed.

"I just wanted you to be truthful- to not hide who you truly are." She continued, giving up on chasing after him.

"Why do you even care?" Renjun spoke harshly, his heart betraying him in the end. "You're going to either die by my hands or kill me by yours, why would you care?"

Yenmi sniffled, her closed eyes opening to spot almost unnoticeable snowflakes on the ground. She smiled, the same smile which Huang loved. "Because I-

I love you."

Renjun's face remained blank before he processed her words, his eyes slowly widening. "What? Love?" He said in disbelief.

"Love," Yenmi replied, now standing up straight as her smile reached up to her eyes.

Unlike what she expected, he continued walking; walking away from her. "I don't believe in love." He coldly said, the same voice from when she first met him but something was different.

This time, his voice was hesitant.

Renjun flinched when he felt her arms encircle around his torso, her body colliding with his as she leaned her face on his tense back. Her tears flowed like crystal streams down her face as she managed to speak.

"You don't have to believe, just let yourself feel." She held him tightly, her eyes fluttering close as more tears cascaded down her cheeks.

The once tense boy calmed down under her touch, looking up at the sky which was letting snowflakes fall like rain. Yenmi felt his warm tears on her hands while hers stained his shirt.

Her sobs calmed down into soft whimpering as his silent tears got louder. "Let your heart feel." The girl repeated, a shaky sigh escaping her lips.

And so he did, he let himself fall for her, in love. Nothing could break them apart now, they were inseparable.

Both messily crying in the middle of a bridge as the snow slowly surrounded them, it all felt too unreal. But that was their story, a story that was yet to have an end.

The eclipse would occur in a week, a week, that's all they had to mend their broken hearts together and get themselves up.

Yenmi wasn't confident, but with Renjun by her side, she was sure she could defeat the whole world, just for him. Like she promised before, she did stay alive for him.

And he would never let her say that again, he would be her saviour.

"因为你,我懂得了什么是爱"

Shit went down dayum---

Also this ain't the ending there'll be like 5 chapters more or smth.
(no there'll be more than 5 chapters)