58.

Christmas was such a wonderful day, the way the lights hung up, the snowflakes falling, and absolutely everything about the season

Christmas was such a wonderful day, the way the lights hung up, the snowflakes falling, and absolutely everything about the season. But only when Christmas was a week away did Yenmi realise that the crowning was about to be held.

Oh lord, she had no idea what to do. What even could she do at this point? It wasn't like she could walk up to the Huang mansion and talk to Renjun about the situation.

Yeah well, that's exactly what she was doing.

Yenmi fastened her pace as inched closer to the house, the atmosphere around it eerie as usual. Her blood was pumping so fast that she was sure that her heart would explode anytime now.

Li knew that it was a dumb decision to make, but she just had to do something. "Mom, Dad, I love you." She muttered to herself, her steps getting heavier as the building began getting bigger and bigger as she got closer.

The girl carefully entered the premises, yet unfamiliar with her surroundings. She couldn't risk entering from the front door- but then again, what could she not risk?

So, she went all the way around the house, took the path that led to the garden and then finally walked down to the cliff. If Renjun wasn't here now, then she would be doomed for life.

"Please be here." She chanted, opening her narrowed eyes slowly.

A relieved sigh left her lips at spotting the Demon just a few feet away from her. "Hi- uh-" She muttered, inching closer to him as she tapped his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was sharp and very harsh. Yenmi visibly flinched at the sudden change of demeanour. His tense back faced her as his hands were interlocked behind his torso.

"Are you okay?" She muttered, standing beside him as she looked at the scenery that laid in front of her.

Well yeah, she was hurt by his words. She didn't know what she had done wrong, moreover why he was so moody lately. "I was before you came." He remarked.

Ouch. Now that was a whole new level of rudeness. She didn't know why he was acting like that; the girl didn't even force him to get in a relationship or say those three words back. She just kept her emotions to herself all this time.

After her sudden confession, no kisses were shared, no affectionate nicknames. Just a couple of hugs here and there and chaste kisses. Their relationship didn't even have a label, to begin with.

"You know you can always talk to me, right?" She asked, her voice trying not to sound overly frustrated. Renjun scoffed, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Shut up already, Yenmi."

Yenmi. Her heartbeat quickened at his words. It had been so long that she heard her name come out of his mouth. It was always 'Mei' or a sarcastic but sincere nickname.