12.

She rubbed her palms together, the warmth spreading through her fingers

She rubbed her palms together, the warmth spreading through her fingers. The cool breeze hit her exposed skin, the rest of her body remaining warm by the sweatpants and hoodie she wore.

Yenmi smiled softly at the sight of a stray cat lying asleep on the ground. She walked towards it, wanting to pet it but a group of young rebellious teenagers beat her to it.

A rock was thrown at the poor cat, which caused it to get frightened and run behind her. Yenmi bit her inner cheek, agitated.

One of them whistled, shoving her hands in the pockets of her tight leather pants. Surprisingly, they weren't all boys. The five walked behind the lean female, who seemed to be their 'leader'.

She cracked her knuckles, boredly staring at the group who seemed as if they were going through puberty.

"What's a young lady like you doing out here at night?" The taller male asked. Yenmi nearly laughed, partially offended that they found her to be their age or worse, even younger.

She kept her poker face on, smiling fakely. "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Her unusually deep voice caught them off-guard. Although it wasn't very deep, it surely was unique.

The 'leader' took a step back, now in line with the others. She shook her head in disappointment, also confused from where this confidence suddenly came.

"I always thought teenagers were annoying and all and you all just proved it to be right. I never knew kids could be so... Full of themselves." She said.

Although she looked quite intimidating, she knew very well that if they all ganged up against her, she wouldn't last long.

"Could you all do me a favour?" She started, picking up the cat beside her gently. Two of them hummed, only to get a smack from the others.

"Just, get lost, please? Thank you very much."

A few almost obeyed at first, but then suddenly all of them ran away, screaming. "I- am I that scary?" Yenmi asked herself, turning around.

Her face hit another person's chest, making her wince. The cat jumped out of her arms, running away.

She looked up to see a pair of red eyes staring back at her. Crimson blood rolled down from his lips to his blue shirt, staining it. His fangs stained with blood stood out, shining under the moonlight.

Yenmi blinked rapidly, mouth agape. It was gone, her confidence was gone.

He was towering her, and his lips were pulled up in a grin. He took baby steps closer towards her, making her back away with each step he took.

His red eyes held a piercing stare and his dark red wings moved with the wind. She was terrified, the way he looked so innocently evil. It hurt her eyes to even hold the eye contact.

"Aw scared are we?" He mocked, his long fingers tracing her jawline. His touch sent shivers down her spine, her mind haywire.

Oh, what a great day to be alive.

He leaned down, his lips brushing over her ear. "It won't take too long."

No, it's not a great day to die.

Just with that, he was pulled back by someone and stabbed too. Yenmi blinked rapidly, eyes widening. "Why are you out so late?" He asked boredly.

She flailed her hands around, not finding a reasonable excuse. "Just?"

Jaemin chuckled, hand reaching out to ruffle her hair before she held onto it. "Yeah don't touch me." She said, grimacing at the blood on his shirt and arms.

"As you wish." He winked playfully, before dragging the now dead vampire's body to the trashcan nearby.

"That's it? You're just gonna let it lie there?" She asked, tucking her curtain bangs behind her ear. Jaemin shrugged, wiping his hands on his black trousers.

"Why not?" He questioned back. She shook her head, walking towards her friend. Yenmi pushed his bangs aside, smiling. "Let's go, Jae." She said, turning on her heel.

He followed her, licking his lips to moisten them. "But on a serious note, if you're going out this late, take me with you." He said, swinging an arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah sure, but get yourself away from me." She hissed, wriggling out of his grip.

"You're such a hygiene freak," Jaemin mumbled, blowing his bangs out of his face. She nodded in reply, straightening her hoodie.

The clouds once again hid the moon, the grumbling of them being heard. "It's gonna rain soon." She said, looking up at the sky.

"No shit Sherlock." Jaemin groaned at the thought of rain.

A droplet of water fell on her cheek followed by another. She snapped her head towards Jaemin as he nodded, knowing exactly what to do.

He intervened his fingers with her's, grinning. "Time to run." He said, pulling her with him as the rain got heavier.

They both ran as the rain-drenched them, the only thing in mind to reach home. Although Jaemin could simply teleport them back, there was no fun in it.

And that's how they both ended up nearly getting a cold.

Some Jaemin content bcz he's been bias wrecking me lately

Neway Imma try and post on a daily basis bcz why not-