37.

"What the fuck

"What the fuck." Renjun muttered, staring up ahead at the most unusual view. He was just returning home after his training when he came across a completely burnt place.

Slightly crouching down, he grabbed a pinch of the ashes, rubbing his fingers together to let the ash fall like sand.

Dusting his hands, Huang stood up on both his feets, narrowing his eyes as he looked around the place.

"Hey man, why are you-" Jaemin trailed off as he jogged towards him. His eyes widened at the scene, jaw agape. "..here?" He finished, the sight infront of him making him shudder.

"Did you do this?" He questioned, pointing at the burnt up place. Renjun scoffed, "No, I unfortunately cannot burn down such a huge place." He deadpanned.

They had yet not laid eyes on the girl who lay on the ground. Coincidentally, a tree stood in their way, which although burnt didn't fall.

Her wings had already retracted, no one being able to see the beautiful sight. Her shirt was yet stained in blood- it could not disappear.

Whereas her bruises had not healed, perhaps because she indeed was yet weak.

The two men looked around, sighing at the amount of damage that had been done. Renjun muttered inaudible words, roaming around the black place.

"Who do you think did this?" Jaemin asked, gasping as whatever he touched fell on the ground, already ashes. Huang shrugged, teeth grazing over his lip ring.

He dragged his feet to the other half of the place, the tree acting like a boundary. "Oh." He mumbled, eyes landing on the culprit of the mess.

Jaemin, who happened to be a couple of feet behind him spoke again. "Whoever did this must be powerful and merciless as heck."

He stifled a chuckle, a tiny smirk tugging on the corner of his lips. "Or vulnerable as fuck." He mused, flicking his wrist towards him to call Jaemin towards where he stood.

He cocked an eyebrow up, running where he stood. His face remained blank when he saw Yenmi, before he gasped in realisation, almost instantly kneeling down beside her.

"Oh my god." He said, wincing at the blood stained clothes of hers. His eyes flashed a dark, almost unnoticeable shade of red as he shook his head, eyes turning back to normal.

Renjun crossed his arms over his chest, staring at her, amused.

"How'd this happen- no, no this wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to be next to her- what if she doesn't wake up anymore? No, that'll not happen, right?" He ranted on, hands flailing around.

"You talk too much." Renjun commented, making him stop blabbering. He shot him a glare, getting up only to pull the Demon closer to her.

"What?" He asked. Jaemin seemed to freeze, as if he forgot the reason why he pulled him closer to the unconcious girl.

"Uh- yeah help me get her to the hospital or something."

"You're asking the wrong person Jae." He chuckled, nonetheless crouching down beside her. He brushed the hair covering her face aside, staring at her tear stained face.

"Why can't you just pick her up and teleport?" Renjun questioned back, glancing at the addressed boy.

"I don't want to ruin my clothes." He smiled sheepishly, scratching the nape of his neck. "Does it look like I want to?" He retorted, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You're... literally.... Wearing all black." Jaemin mentioned, pointing at his quite fancy white shirt.

He slid his arms under her body, picking her up with a grunt. "What a nice friend you are." Renjun said before disappearing with Yenmi.

Jaemin stood there alone, taking a look around his surroundings. He pat his own shoulder grinning.

"A damn good friend."

Renjun on the other hand looked around the white hospital, the light blue curtains allowing the corridor to be lit up. He heaved a sigh, walking towards the main desk woman- not like he knew what they were called.

"Oh uh.." he mumbled, having no idea what to even say. The female looked at the Phoenix in his arms, eyes widening. She quickly called for a, what Renjun heard; stretcher.

He had not exactly been to a hospital before which was why he seemed so lost, for the first time in his entire life.

After doing what the female told him to do, he cleaned himself up, now sitting on the chair outside the 'checkup room'.

A doctor walked out, smiling faintly. "May I know what your relationship with Miss Li is?" She asked, going through her notepad.

I don't know either.

She looked up from a notepad when she didn't get a response, getting a blank look from him. Pursing her lips, she nodded. "Okay then, I'll take that you both don't exactly have any specific relationship."

"Anyway, she doesn't really have any major injuries except the scars on her back which are quite deep, more of a couple of minor ones. Although her minor ones also seem quite.. unusual. May I know what the cause of her state is? Because it definitely does not seem like a normal accident."

Renjun scrunched up his nose, ignoring the urge to roll his eyes. "She's alive right? That's all that matters, thank you very much." He said, flashing her a fake smile.

Actually that does not really matter either.

"Okay then, I'll take your leave." The doctor said, sighing at his lack of response.

He walked into the room, squinting at the beeping heart monitor. He plopped down on the couch beside her bed, waiting for Jaemin to arrive after informing her parents so he could go out.

He stared at her face which looked untouched, her lips softly pouted. He had no idea how much pain she went through, but in all honesty, it did look quite gruesome.

Renjun wasn't one to help others, he wouldn't even have stayed there any longer if it were someone else. Without realising, he had grown custom to her in the past two months.

He was used to catching her stare, listening to her rants at the cliff and even her unwanted comments. Bumping into her on a weekly or daily basis was now normal for him, he didn't mind.

He didn't know how attatched he had grown to her, he had absolutely no idea of the bubble of feelings growing in him, but whether he realised it now or later,

It wasn't going to be easy.

It has been two months since they first met and they did have unwritten scenes

Ugh finally some tea I cannot w myself.