38.

He blankly stared at her face, clenching his jaw to avoid his head that was throbbing since morning

He blankly stared at her face, clenching his jaw to avoid his head that was throbbing since morning. Unfortunately enough for him, it was only going to hurt more.

"Oh my god! Where's my baby!" Aera yelled, barging into the room with Daejung beside her. "This is a hospital darling." He deadpanned, patting his wife's back.

"Exactly! It's a damn hospital and my beautiful, amazing, gorgeous daughter- obviously taken from me but she should not be here!" She yelled, causing the nurses around her to shoot her a glare.

As soon as her eyes landed on her daughter who peacefully lay on the hospital bed, she ran towards her, scanning her daughter.

Renjun glanced at Jaemin who leaned on the door frame, looking as amused as he was. He decided to leave in a few minutes, for he didn't have anything else to do.

But,

Being the nice demon he was, he decided to visit her when she woke up, it would only look good if he did do so.

"Bitch who-" Jaemin winced as he got pushed forwards, causing him to stumble on his feet to regain his balance. There stood Yangyang and Jiyayi, eyes wide. They dashed towards her too, immediately saying incoherent words.

The whole gang is here.

Renjun thought, leaning back on the surprisingly comfortable couch. He wiped a fake tear at the sentimental moment ahead of him, Aera even shedding a couple of tears.

"Oh my god, she'll wake up soon, possibly tomorrow," Daejung muttered, obviously the calmer one of the couple.

He felt a vibration in his pocket, making him pull his phone out, glancing at it. The screen flashed with a name and two bright buttons, red and green.

He rolled his eyes at the name; Hyuck 😍

Obviously, he had not set the name. It was originally 'Donghyuck', but of course, his friend had to change it without his permission.

He ignored his call, tossing his phone aside. The screen of his phone kept flashing, the vibration strong enough to reach him. With a groan, he grabbed the device, swiping the green button upwards.

"Renjun dude!"

"What is it, Lee?"

"Where are you?" He said, shuffling.

"A hospital." The demon boy bluntly replied, not expecting him to overreact. Donghyuck let out a gasp, seemingly getting up from his... Bed.

"What! How'd you end up there!" He yelled into the phone, causing Renjun to retract his hand because of the loud noise, sighing.

"Long story short, I bought someone here." He shrugged, narrowing his eyes at Jaemin who yet leaned on the door, unfazed by his earlier fall.

"Huang Renjun, is this you? You wouldn't even get your mother to the hospital if something happened to her- okay a little overboard but are you... okay?"

He glanced at Yenmi, pushing his hair back. "Of course I'm okay." He scoffed, not even the slightest bit touched by his concern.

He heard a loud thump, indicating Donghyuck had jumped back on his bed, not caring. "Who's the poor girl?" He asked.

"How do you know it's a girl?" He questioned back, crossing his leg over another.

"Wild guess. Anyway, do I know her?" He asked, wanting to know what's happening in his friend's oh so eventful life.

"Doesn't matter."

"Hey, come on! Let me guess, it probably isn't Munhee, Nah you'd have called us... probably. It couldn't be Nara, she's gone out for her vacation or whatever."

"The only girl I know other than them is...I do actually know a lot but the ones you talk to? Yeah, Yenmi." He concluded, grinning.

"Nope, not her." He lied, wanting to hang up.

The door once again barged open, Jaemin falling on his knees this time. He hissed as he shot the culprit- or culprits a glare, who seemed least bothered by him.

Munhee ran in followed by Aria. They hadn't come here together but somehow did end up getting in together. "What happened to you!" Aria yelled dramatically, holding her hands.

Renjun flinched at her loud voice, shaking his head.

"How did this happen!" Munhee yelled after her, a pout formed on her plump lips.

"Isn't that Munhee?" Donghyuck asked, being able to hear her voice from the other line. He hummed, giving up to even hide her identity anymore.

"Yep, it's definitely Yenmi." He concluded, chuckling. Renjun scoffed, staring at Jaemin who finally stood away from the day.

Sometimes people don't learn it the easy way.

Renjun thought, clicking his tongue. "So what happened to her?" Donghyuck continued.

Without wasting a minute, he hung up on him, clearly not wanting to answer his questioning. He got up, pursing his lips.

"I'll be taking my leave now, Mr and Mrs Li."

Holy shit 1k reads-

Holy shit 1k reads-