55.

Huang Renjun would've never in his life thought that he'd be running through the corridors of the hospital like a fucking maniac

Well, here he was.

He pushed through the numerous people in his way, eyes fixated on a certain door as if his life was dependent on it. The Demon's hand encircled around the door handle, pushing it open.

"Calm down, she won't disappear," Yangyang commented as he watched him run in. His feet froze in their place when he locked eyes with Yenmi.

Oh, how bad he missed that girl.

"Hey." She softly said, waving her hand rather awkwardly. Munhee looked up from her phone, flashing the cou- duo a smile although they didn't see it. Beside Moon was her now- quite a close friend, Nara.

They both surely did grow close over the past weeks. Yangyang was busy trying to call Jaemin and the rest, who didn't seem to be picking up. Aera and Daejung had already visited their daughter- she had woken up four hours ago.

Her parents were on their way back to the hospital after Aera made some home-cooked food for her daughter. She wanted it to be the first thing Yenmi consumed- other than medicines.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips after watching her calmly continue conversing with the two girls. The Huang boy didn't fail to notice the hint of disappointment in her eyes, the reason he didn't know yet.

Perhaps it was 'cause he failed to save her from a two-month coma?
Or was it because he abruptly left her that night?
Maybe it was because Renjun wasn't her best friend, Jaemin, who entered?

Now at this, Renjun was wrong at all his assumptions. It was quite obvious to everyone in the room, except him. Ah, that boy was very, very dense. He yet didn't sort his feelings out.

Yenmi noticed his odd aura, the way he wasn't having a scowl on his face like usual. The boy didn't even bother to give snarky comments when the others decided to annoy him- he was just, there.

Li thought that perhaps he'd be more expressive now, but it was quite the opposite. "How are you?" She began when was left alone in the room with him.

Quite ironic for her to ask the question. Renjun, surprised, answered hesitantly. "I'm good, I guess?" He sheepishly chuckled, hoping the female would laugh along with him.

Nothing, her face was as blank as a new canvas. Composing himself, he cleared his throat. "How are you?"

How was she? Yeah, physically she felt great. But mentally, her mind was messed up. Avoiding the question, she glanced out of the window, the sun on the verge of setting under the horizon.

She missed this scenery but had no idea as to why, she didn't even smile. "Where were you?" She asked Huang, pulling up the thin blanket ever so slightly.

The tubes and wires attached to her were the things that kept her alive, she would've yet been asleep if it weren't for that one man.

"Work," Renjun replied bluntly as if it were a usual thing, his eyes although screaming the opposite. "Work? Did you get your degree?" She laughed to herself, her laugh coming out like a scoff instead.

He shook his head, taken aback by her unequivocal speech. "No, not that sort of work. Just busy running some errands." He hated himself, hated himself for lying. He knew that he sounded exactly like his mother and that's what felt like a knife to his heart.

Was he really becoming her?

A heart of gold, that's what Mingxia wanted Renjun to be born as. Quite literally though. A heart of gold are the ones who are special.. ones like Li Yenmi herself.

But, to Huang's bad luck, her son was born like her, a duplicate copy of her. She didn't only waste her life trying to get with Hyeong Ryung and get his child in her womb, but she even wasted her 9 months bearing his child.

Only for him to completely disobey her in every single aspect.

"You're not okay, Renjun." She said, getting up from the bed as the wires held her back. "I am." He protested, pushing the chair he was seated on the back as he strode towards the exit of the room.

"Coward. That's what you are. You know you're not okay yet you're cowarding away from me, why? Because I can read you like an open book." She spoke, harshly yanking the tubes and wires off her body.

The heart monitor made a loud beeping sound, but none of them being fazed. "I'm a coward?" Renjun spoke in disbelief, turning his head over his shoulder.

"Never once have you accepted this fact, Huang Renjun. You're- you're so pathetic. You act like a stone-hearted man so no one even bothers to try and break it.

You don't know how to express your emotions which is the reason everyone doubts themselves for you. Have you ever once even said 'I love you' to your friends? Have you shown any kind of affection?"

She was tired, sick of his bullshit. But the girl didn't know how much her words affected Huang. His eyes were stinging with hot tears threatening to let loose. The man's face was red and his limbs were trembling.

"No, you haven't." She continued.

"You don't care, do you? This is all just a mere game for you." She scoffed, unable to hold back her frustration. "I get up after two months and you don't even bother to come. At least Jaemin and the others called me.

But ah, of course, our Huang Renjun is too busy to even do that. What were you doing? Breaking someone else's heart again? Do you even know how I got up?"

"Stop," Renjun spoke up, swallowing the lump in his throat. "No, no. You'll just kill me in a couple of days too, right? Why not have killed me while I was on the verge-"

"Stop! just- shut up!" He yelled, his eyes flashing black as Yenmi felt a powerful force push her to the end of the room, her back harshly hitting the back.

A whimper escaped her lips when she felt something trickle down her forehead. The Phoenix looked up to see his face- it wasn't him, this couldn't be the boy she was in love with.

Huang left the room, just like always. On cue, the nurses came rushing in, helping her stand up on her feet. Yenmi looked down at the ring on her index finger then proceeded to look where he last stood.

How did he have his ring back when she never gave it to him?

Lmao y'all thought I was done? Happily never after hoes /jk.