36.

"Let me fucking go!" She yelled, her legs kicking the air as she tried to elbow the man's ribcage

The taller clicked his tongue, only fastening his pace. "What a nuisance." He muttered, the female on the other side of his earpiece laughing.

It was just another ordinary day where Yenmi was getting kidnapped, nothing new at all. She totally wasn't yelling her lungs out and her heartbeat wasn't fast at all. It was completely normal for her.

Oh well.

"Could you just shut up." The male asked, a scoff escaping his lips. She shook her head agressively, finally able to somehow free herself.

The male grunted as he let go of her, causing her to fall on the ground. "Jesus Christ." He grumbled, feeling his head throb.

"Can't I just hit her head with the back of a gun or something?" He asked into the earpiece.

"No, you can't."

Of course, while they were having their little bickering session, she stood up on her feet, ready to run away. A glance was spared for him before she took sneaky steps away from him, making sure not to make a noise.

Just as she was a couple of feet far from him, Li took her chance to get away.

"Oh my god just get her here."

"Yeah whatever." He said, turning towards where the Phoenix was- or so he thought. He widened his eyes, looking around in annoyance.

Running his fingers through his rough hair, he groaned. "Where did she go?" He said to himself, quickly walking to the only direction one could run towards.

Unfortunately for Yenmi, he used his superspeed, resulting in him catching up to her very quick.

He held onto her wrist, pulling her back into his chest. "Stop running away." He rolled his eyes, hands grasping on to both her arms.

She suddenly froze, squeezing her eyes closed. The man frowned, confused as to why she suddenly stopped moving much. "Are you trying some mind game on me?" He asked, chuckling dryly.

She couldn't help but fall on her knees, completely ignoring her kidnapper.

"What's happening there?"

He stared at her back blankly, letting go of her arms as he took a few steps back. "Are you sure she won't kill me?" He mocked, raising an eyebrow at the... Peculiar sight.

She let out a pained scream, hands slamming against the cold ground.

"Whatever that was, it was loud as hell."

Yenmi felt a lump being formed in her throat, her back feeling as if it was being ripped apart. She had never experienced this sort of pain before, it was like someone was slowly killing her.

Although she had somewhat transformed before, her wings had not exactly come out even then. All that changed was a halo like structure levitating above her head and her eyes that changed colours.

Perhaps it was finally time.

The man who had now backed away quite alot almost flinched at the sight of blood staining her blue shirt, her back almost covered in the crimson liquid.

He let out a gasp spotting little flames light up around her, the heat radiating towards the whole place. "I need to get out of here." He told the girl, already backing away.

"No, you're staying there." She replied instead, clearly not caring about her partner.

"No I'm not! I'll fucking die with her." He snapped, the flames around her growing bigger.

Her head hung low as tears streamed down her face like a waterfall, having no end to it. Another cry of agony escaped her lips as she felt her body burning.

Surely, this was not a site one could see before, in fact even to his eyes, it was completely unexpected- more than unique it actually looked painful.

The sizzling blaze suddenly shot through the whole room, almost burning off his legs if it weren't for him to teleport right on time.

A bright light followed with it, blinding the whole room and even people, if there were any. She felt another two daggers being thrown at her back, before she felt the heat being blocked out.

That didn't help her much as she felt her consciousness slip right through her, causing her to fall on the ground, a pool of blood covering her.

The fire soon started dying down with time, leaving the surroundings crip burnt, ashes falling on the ground. Yenmi lay there almost lifelessly, her heartbeat slowed.

A pair of golden wings covered her from the world, acting like a shield. They were huge and magnificent, almost twice her size.

The blood around her slowly turned into small sparkles, disappearing away with the wind.

The ends of her hair were a shade of black, contrasting her silver long hair. A series of weird words rang in her ears, as if someone was whispering them to her.

Even though unconcious, her eyebrows knitted, crinkles forming in the corner of her closed eyes. They weren't any ordinary words, but they didn't really help her either.

They just constantly reminded her of her responsibilities, now almost three months remaining till the crowning. The fact she'd have to not only hide from Mingxia, but also not get killed.

The same nightmare that kept repeating over the past month made her think if that was her future, she wouldn't know whether she'd be dead or alive.

But for now, the same words repeated in her mind like a song, the voice sending shivers down her spine.

Mundus est in manibus tuis.

As you can see I'm trynna speed up things bcz I yet need them to fall in love smh