11.

100 reads in the first ten chaps- kinda surprising for me since I don't write here often- neway that's it tyvm

He craned his head to the side, an unamused eyebrow cocked up. His black flamed eyes scorching into those of Mingxia's, Renjun clicked his tongue.

The female still in the air, her neck bruising. With every word she blurted with that venomous tone of hers, the grip around her neck tightened. "Are you trying to kill me now? Is.. this what I taught you?!" She yelled, a malicious laugh following after.

She wasn't short for air, no, Demon's didn't need air. What she lacked was her powers, which her only son was draining out of her.

Renjun's tongue traced his sharp fangs, a taunting smirk tugging on the corner of his lips. Mingxia screamed, her high pitched voice sending a wave of vibration around the place.

The black mist around her neck, slammed her against the brick wall, a sharp pain penetrating from her back. Her teeth gritted, she glared at Renjun.

Oh how bad he wanted to kill her.

Unfortunately, demon's couldn't die that easily, they were what humans could say, immortal. The most one could do was drain all the powers out, leaving the Demon helpless and weak.

Renjun almost snorted seeing his mother struggle, wheezing at her vulnerability.

"Enough fun, let her go." Renjun shot his head towards the owner of the voice, subconsciously making a note to complete his doings later on.

Rolling his eyes, the black fog surrounding Mingxia disappeared, making her fall to her knees, exhaustion taking over her.

His eyes slowly shut close, turning back into his human form. He cleared his throat, to get his usual voice back. "What? Why are you here?" His eyes shifted between the two males.

Kun raised his shoulder up, dropping it in a swift movement while Donghyuck fakely pouted. "We can't even meet our Ren anymore?" He asked walking towards the said boy.

Rather aggressively tugging on his sleeve, Haechan whined like a kid. Scrunching his face in up disgust, Renjun yanked him away, dusting his shirt.

"I told you not to mess with her." Kun scolded, pointing at the woman who lay unconscious on the ground. Raising one hand up in defence, he cackled. "And I told you that that won't happen." He said, ignoring the man clinging on to his other arm.

The older sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Come on Renjun, you very well know that she's not going to be the most jovial person when she wakes up."

Kun tilted his head, eyes boring holes into Donghyuck's skull. "And you, you promised me not to annoy us both."

Renjun sighed, pushing him away again. Donghyuck smirked, his sassy side showing. "Oh well, your loss." He shrugged half heartedly.

"This is not why we came here Donghyuck." Kun said sternly.

Renjun walked towards his mother, fingers brushing the stray strands of hair on her face, face as blank as a new canvas. "Yeah so, I found the Phoenix." Kun added.

Not getting the expected response from the Demon, he frowned. "aren't you annoyed or something?" Renjun chuckled lowly, staring into Kun's eyes.

"You've got this information a tad bit late, don't you think?"

:: ❝ Meanwhile

"The News is everywhere. He has been found!" The guard exclaimed, talking to his mate.

The other guard frowned, nudging his arm. "But from what I know, it's not a he." He stated, showing him the screen of his brightly lit phone.

A scoff of disbelief left his lips as he squinted his eyes, reading the words displayed on the device. "A girl? This is going to be chaotic." He said matter of factly.

The other male had a questioning look on his face, confused. "Do you think she's not strong enough or what?"

He shook his head aggressively, mumbling a no. "Ofcourse not, I'm infact a feminist. I'd be proud if a female ruled the world, just that you know the world's not the same as us." He truthfully answered.

"And you know that crazy woman, she'd do anything to get her hands on the crown." He pursed his lips.

On the other side of the wall, the chained man put his ear against the metal door, the voices sending vibrations. It was muffled, but enough to decipher.

He let out a shaky breath, his dirty, blood stained fingers placed against the door.

"No, no it can't be happening again."

Who do y'all think it is? 👀

Also do these chapters seem long or short or neither. Cause I can't figure if I should write more or less 😀🤚