49.

Feeling the eyes of someone on her, Yenmi straightened up her posture, tongue flicking over her teeth

The banquet hall was beautifully decorated, everything looked lavish and exquisite- fitting the theme of the party.

Li wore a white satin dress that luckily wasn't riding up her thighs as the black one did. A small slit went down her left thigh, exposing more of her skin.

The dress was rather simple- but when paired with her white platform heels and a delicate gold necklace adorning her neck- she did indeed look ethereal.

Her now black wolf cut contrasted the whole look, fringes framing her face. Unlike the other times, she attended parties; she felt confident and comfortable.

"Damn, who's this?" Donghyuck whistled, sitting down beside her. Jeno mirrored his actions, shooting the girl a smile.

"Happy Birthday-" They said in unison, only to exchange annoyed looks. Yenmi noticed their outfits somewhat matching, causing her to chuckle.

They both glanced at the two wrapped boxes in their hands, sheepishly grinning. "Just a small gift from us," Jeno spoke, rubbing the nape of his neck.

Yenmi couldn't help but beam at them, accepting the gifts with a small 'thank you.

The girl's eyes subconsciously looked for Renjun, frowning. Donghyuck nudged Jeno's arm, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Where's the birthday boy?" It was the honey skinned boy who spoke up, being able to spot Huang from the corner of his eyes.

"Oh? He's at that table." She said, pointing towards a crowded area where Yangyang was probably gaming with the rest.

Jeno looked confused as to why she wasn't with him, but shrugged the thought off and followed his friend.

She snapped her head sideways towards the entrance, smiling when she spotted the Demon conversing with her mother.

At the feeling of someone's hands on her shoulders, she flinched, turning around to face the culprit. "Hey, bestie!" Jaemin greeted Munhee at his side.

Clicking her tongue, Yenmi scowled at him. "This is the third time," she nodded towards both of them. "You and you have scared me only to say 'Hey bestie'." She air quoted.

The duo burst into a fit of giggles, making the raven-haired shake her head but laugh along with them. They soon went out of sight, bickering between themselves.

Clearing her throat, the phoenix stood up and walked up to the bar- just to get a drink to refresh herself. Sitting on the metal stool, she craned her neck sideways while looking at the numerous bottles of champagne on display.

She wasn't a big fan of alcohol, mainly because she couldn't tolerate it.

The bartender greeted her with a polite smile, wishing her first. "Oh, thank you." Yenmi chuckled rather awkwardly, her head slightly bowing. "Could I get any temperance drink you recommend?"