26.

She sat on her seat awkwardly, constantly shifting her position

She sat on her seat awkwardly, constantly shifting her position. She felt somewhat powerless under the two pairs of dark eyes, inwardly cursing Daniel to pair her up with them.

"So.." Munhee trailed off, flipping the pages of her book. "We have to click these pictures by next week, right?" She mumbled, also annoyed that they had a project while they yet had two more exams left.

"I suppose, we could meet up after exams." She shrugged, knowing that the exams got over in three days. "Sounds good to me." Munhee replied, glancing at Renjun who hadn't spoken a word.

"Huh? Yeah sure.." He said, teeth grazing over his lip ring.

Both the females stared at him, utterly confused by his behaviour. "You good?" Munhee asked, her eyebrows being drawn down together.

"Yeah, I'm great." He muttered, a hint of sarcasm evident in his tone.

Although she seemed unconvincinced, Munhee looked away, scribbling down points in her book. Yenmi on the other hand yet had her eyes fixated on him, lips pursed into a thin line.

She never seemed to notice the same black jacket he always wore until now. It wasn't like Demons needed heat; they didn't exactly feel cold.

But she never failed to notice the bruises and cuts on his body, which as she recalled Munhee say, it was probably because of training too hard.

She wasn't really concerned, afterall he could take care of himself, right? So she chose not to care, like any two.. strangers would do.

Yenmi didn't know him at all, sure he might've saved her twice, but he always seemed so self reserved. He barely even talked to his own friends.

By the time she snapped out of her thoughts, she found Renjun staring right back at her and she swore she saw his eyes turn black for a split second.

She tore her gaze away from him in embarrassment, trying to ignore the blood rushing up her ears.

Well, that was a first, she was caught staring.

An arrogant smirk tugged on his lips, scoffing out an airy laugh. "Huang Renjun, if you mind, would you like sharing your joke with us?" Daniel asked smugly, somewhat imitating his homeroom teacher.

"Yeah, your life." He replied back. His voice being low as usual, was unheard to most of the people. Munhee snorted, having heard him quite clearly.

"Anyway," Daniel clasped his hands together, a forced smile on his lips. "-I want each one of you to give me good pictures, something unique please."

A bunch of bored hums were heard, making him roll his eyes at the lack of enthusiasm. "Whatever, just don't make it embarassing, I'll have to show these to the head."

She sighed, glancing down at the pen in her hold. Although photography had always been a hobby of hers, she didn't what she could do to make it 'unique'.

Especially when she had to focus on her training and crowning on the side. Being in a group wasn't always the best, you'd have to keep it professional and meet up.

Rather than that, Yenmi preferred to do it on her own, which meant that she could do it whenever she wanted, however she wanted and she wouldn't have to meet up with people either.

She saw Munhee looking rather excited from the corner of her eye, she definitely liked group projects instead of individual ones.

She thought of looking at Renjun to see his reaction, but halted when she felt his gaze on her already, he beat her to it.

It wasn't like he was easy to read anyway.

"Well then, you guys can disperse, we're done here." Daniel announced, pulling up his sleeve to look at the time on his wrist watch.

She began gathering her belongings, one by one stuffing her things in the bag. Renjun, who apparently had the same bag as hers, did the same, only faster.

He held the bag in his hand, not forgetting to throw his jacket over his shoulder as he left. Munhee waited for Yenmi patiently, unlike her friend.

She glanced at her once she packed her stuff up, grunting as she picked up the rather heavy bag. "You good to go?" She asked, swinging an arm over her shoulder.

Yenmi hummed, following her who rambled about her day.

"But today's test wasn't that bad." She said, grinning ear to ear. "It wasn't that hard but I was exhausted while writing it." She grumbled, her head yet pounding from before.

"What happened? Did you like- uh get those..." She trailed off at a loss of words. "Yeah, only this time I didn't cough out alot of blood." She replied, quite thankful for Renjun's words from last night.

Munhee's lips tugged downwards, "It must suck, I could never tolerate that." She admitted.

"It's not that bad if someone could.. help you?" She added, not knowing how to frame her words. "Someone like Renjun?" She teased, but yet serious.

"Someone who can calm you down." She said, raising both her eyebrows. "Huang Renjun and calming people down? He himself has anger issues." Munhee joked, scoffing.

"Or someone who relates to you."

Is this from where they'll start having interactions? Maybe 🍵