51.

The Vampire groaned, throwing his head back as he continued looking through the whole hall

The Vampire groaned, throwing his head back as he continued looking through the whole hall. His eyes skimmed through the place once again, yet no sign of the Phoenix.

"Where is she?" He muttered, looking at the only place he hadn't checked; the bar.

Jaemin was no fool, he knew that Yenmi almost hated alcohol, there was a one in a hundred chance of her being in the bar.

But then again, that was the only place he hadn't checked.

He walked closer to the place, narrowing his eyes at all the seats one by one. "Oh?" He said when he spotted a similar-looking girl, but shook his head in disappointment when he saw the female's face.

He leaned on the counter, every inch of his face screaming exasperation. "Yes, sir?" The bartender spoke up, seemingly too happy for a person who was serving booze to uncountable people.

Jaemin cocked up an eyebrow at him, eyeing him from head to toe. He flashed the man a tight smile, drumming his fingers on the counter. "Have you seen Yenmi- Miss Li?"

The man avoided his gaze, licking his lips to moisten them. He couldn't lie, there were surveillance cameras everywhere. All he could do was stall.

"Ah? Miss Li?" The bartender trailed off, fiddling with his fingers. "I'm pretty sure I was clear, have you seen her or not?" Na's eyebrow twitched, boring holes into the man's skull.

"Oh, yes. Uh, she came here for some drinks."

Drinks.

"What drinks may I ask?" Jaemin rolled his tongue in his mouth, slightly annoyed by his slow answering. "Sir, how would I remember? Some too many people come along here."

Because she's the fucking birthday girl.

The Vampire's thoughts were messed up, but they surely were making sense to him. "Just tell me whether or not she had any alcohol." He snapped.

No response, it seemed like Jaemin intimidated him a bit too much that he now forgot his excuse. Noticing this, he yanked him forward by his collar, clenching his jaw. "Who was she with?"

Under his gaze, the bartender trembled, looking down at his feet. "I believe it was Mr Huang." The sentence rolled off his tongue easily as if he was reading off a script.

Jaemin grew alert, the Demon too had disappeared with her, he couldn't find both of them. "I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this, but they were talking and the next moment I saw them, they were all over each other."

His upper lip curled into a snarl, pushing the man aside. "Did I ask?" He deadpanned.

Silence. That's what he got as a reply. "Where is she?" He repeated, Jaemin knew that Renjun could take care of himself- but about his best friend, he couldn't say the same.

"I don't-"

"I asked where is she!" He raised his voice, catching the attention of almost everybody as the mood of the hall instantly dropped. Pin drop silence enveloping the once jovial place.

The Vampire was fuming, his eyes had darkened to a shade of red as his fangs were on full display. He sucked in a sharp breath, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You spiked her drink, didn't you?" He questioned, voice low. Na didn't even wait for his response as he stormed out of the hall, people's eyes following his figure.

On cue, Yangyang- who had watched the whole scene, ordered the guards to take the bartender away. The dragon didn't fail to shoot him a last glare, words leaving his lips like venom. "If anything happens to her, you're dead."

Well, it already had. His death was certain.

Jaemin on the other hand, immediately unlocked his cell phone, looking through his contacts to hurriedly click on one; Renjun.

After a few rings, he finally picked up, the soft howling of the wind being heard. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" Jaemin straightforwardly said, trying not to waste any time as his best friend's life was possibly in danger.

"Why?"

"Is Yenmi with you?" At the mentioning of the Phoenix, Huang's breath hitched, his mind being brought back to when he kissed her.

He shook his head as a no, even though Jaemin could not see it. "No, why?"

At this point, Jaemin was already looking through the forest, using his superspeed to his advantage. "She's fucking lost, Renjun."

Without hesitating, the Demon hung up, getting on his feet as he looked down the rooftop. He swung one leg over the rooftop, closing his eyes before opening them; now in his form.

His magnificent black wings flapped when he jumped off the roof, hardened eyes looking for the girl.

"I'm gonna kill this bastard."

I hate fighting scenes so we're gonna skip that and go to a time skip