9.

Yenmi sighed again, cracking her back, she tiredly leaned on the wall while staring at the cats and dogs eat hungrily

Yenmi sighed again, cracking her back, she tiredly leaned on the wall while staring at the cats and dogs eat hungrily. She felt no better, one minute she'd feel energetic and powerful and the other, she would be drained.

What was it that annoyed her more was that she couldn't even transform into her phoenix form after that one time she did, with the help of Renjun.

Counting the cats with her fingers, her eyebrows knitted when she couldn't spot one, Emerald.

She squeezed her eyes shut, fists balling. "Em!" She yelled in hopes of the grey cat to appear in front of her. Her feet involuntarily moved towards every corner of the shop, not finding anyone.

"Great." Yenmi grumbled as she pulled the glass door open, removing her apron on the way out. "I hope she didn't go too far." Yenmi thought, pace fastening.

She froze in her spot when she saw Emerald in someone else's arms, Huang Renjun. A genuine smile played on his lips as he ran his fingers through the cat's fur.

The boy completely ignored the stares he was getting and cooed at the cat. Yenmi took baby steps towards him, giving him enough time to play with Em.

His eyes shot up at her presence and his smile died down. Looking as unbothered as ever, he handed the cat back to Yenmi.

"Thanks." Yenmi said a smile on her face. Renjun scoffed, biting his lip ring. "You should take better care of her." She heard him say.

Tongue pressed against her cheek, she raised both her eyebrows up. "Great advice genius." She said, turning on her heels. She heard Renjun chuckle dryly before he teleported, the usual.

Yenmi exhaled the breath she didn't know she was holding and looked over her shoulder only to spot a small object on the ground. Dragging her feet towards it, she picked the ring up, raising an eyebrow.

The silver ring reflected the image of the clouds as she stared at the small moon engraved on it.

"Guess I'll have to return it."

:: ❝ Meanwhile

Nara drummed her fingers on her thigh, nothing but the ticking of the clock being heard. Cold sweat trickled down her hairline as she fanned herself with her hand, getting not much in return.

She wasn't the type to care, but of course, she yet had the angel in her. Quite ironic to say so. Why was she even so nervous? After all, it was just a man who got into a car crash.

She would've left immediately, but she wanted to at least know whether he would make it or not and if he did, given him a visit.

One thing was for sure, the air conditioner was not working. A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned back in the uncomfortable chair. She had no clue as to why she was so anxious, but something seemed off.

The lights of the hallway flickered, and as if on cue a loud roar could be heard which belonged to the thunder. The dark sky was clouded and the wind gushed against the windows.

It took all courage in Nara to not move. It was a bad decision to stay or even help the man, after all, it wasn't her job, she wasn't an Angel anymore.

A bright light flashed against the dull room, followed by another grumble of the sky. The heavy rain pattered against the windows as Nara shivered at the sudden change of weather.

Oh, how she hated thunderstorms. It was her weak point, she would be vulnerable and her mind would go haywire. Nara rubbed her palms to create some heat, but that didn't stop her from sweating profusely for heat was not the cause.

She ran her tongue across her teeth, biting them. Scratching the pads of her fingers as a habit, Nara shut her eyes close.

In all honesty, she hated herself. If she hadn't been a fallen, she would be living her life in heaven, or even on earth. What hurt her more was that now she not only was stuck on earth without powers, but she was not going anywhere but hell.

 What hurt her more was that now she not only was stuck on earth without powers, but she was not going anywhere but hell

a lil insight on Nara's personality cz why not-