30: The Ceremony

She glanced at the two dresses that laid on her bed, untouched

She glanced at the two dresses that laid on her bed, untouched. It was the day of the ceremony, and she yet hadn't chosen her outfit.

Earlier the day, she and Jaemin had gone out outfit shopping, and these two were his picks.

One of them was a simple black dress that reached her mid thigh. It was sort of a blazer dress, the sleeves reaching her wrists and then v-neck making it look more appealing.

Whereas the other was a blue one, it had off-shoulder lace sleeves that had many layers, and it flowed down to the floor.

Both of them looked beautiful in their own ways, but she had no idea which one to choose.

The phone in her hand vibrated, indicating that someone had messaged her. She hastily clicked on the notification, squinting to get a better view of the text.

Jae

I'll not be able to pick you up, Jisung would be coming instead.

Jisung? We barely talk, it'll be even more awkward  😃

I'm quite aware of that Mi, but I have to do something else.

I don't even know what to do??

Just do what I told you to do, it isn't that hard

Dude what if she kills me or something? I need your help

Sorry Mi.
Read.

She sighed, cracking her knuckles. Her hands reached out for the black dress, placing her phone aside. She quickly changed into it, adjusting the material around her body.

Walking towards her mirror, she ruffled her already messy hair, pulling the dress down her thigh. "Okay great, I have to do my makeup now." She muttered to herself, not very confident.

As the time ticked by, she felt herself grow more anxious, her hands trembling when she did her makeup. "No, not now, fuck." She grumbled, grabbing a makeup wipe when she messed up her liner.

After several tries, her eye makeup finally look presentable, not too excessive but not too less either. Adding some final touches, she smiled at her reflection, exhaling a breath she didn't realise she was holding.

Her unsteady hands looked for her contacts, she didn't really need to wear them, but her eyesight wasn't the best either.

Yenmi had tried contacts before, but she usually stuck to wearing glasses or- nothing at all. The slightly grey coloured contacts appeared in the box, her fingers reaching out for it.