17.

The group pondered around the streets, having no plan at all

The group pondered around the streets, having no plan at all. "Okay so where are we heading?" Donghyuck asked to no one in particular.

"Can someone answer me?" He scoffed, putting up fake enthusiasm. "Usually, it's Munhee who decides all this." Jeno grumbled, staring at the unhelpful group of men.

Renjun shrugged, shoving his phone in the pocket of his trousers. "Well she's not here."

Mark pursed his lips, sighing. "Let's just go eat lunch then." He suggested. Uninterested hums were heard, well except for two.

"How about the arcade?" Jisung asked, in mid of trying to shut his bestfriend, Chenle up. "That's boring." Donghyuck said.

"Why did I even agree to this? I could've been easily taking a nap." Renjun yawned, dragging his feet to follow them. Jeno glared at him, cracking his knuckles as a habit.

"Huang Renjun we're doing this for you, so kindly shut up and let us know where you would like to go." He said, a fake formal tone lacing his tone.

"Do you think I have any idea where to go? I'm always at home or at the arena shit."

Chenle cleared his throat, a playful grin on his lips. "I did see you at the pet shop the other day."

::  Later —

"I did not sign up for this." Renjun shrieked while getting pushed in the store by Donghyuck. "Neither did Jeno but whatever." Mark retorted, laughing at Jeno who stood outside the store.

Jisung and Donghyuck quickly adapted to the atmosphere, playing with the dogs. Mark himself went to kittens in the corner of the store.

"So, how's life." Chenle asked, standing beside Renjun with crossed arms. "Could never be better." Renjun said, flashing him a wry smile.

Humming, he leaned his head on Renjun's shoulder. His eyebrows were pulled down, nose wrinkled. Taking a step aside, his head lost support, resulting in him to scowl at Renjun.

"A distance would be nice."

The employee, that infact wasn't Yenmi, greeted each one of them, then leaving them be. Renjun looked down at his feet to spot Emerald nuzzling her head against his trousers.

He crouched down, picking up the cat in his arms. It's green and brown eyes sparkling. "That's an adorable cat." Chenle cooed, waving at the cat like a baby.

Renjun nodded, stroking the cat's grey fur. She mewed, tail waging from side to side. Emerald gently nudged him when he stopped stroking her, causing him to chuckle.

"You seem to be attatched." Chenle commented, yet awestruck by the beauty of the cat. Renjun wouldn't deny that, he indeed was partially- or fully in love with her.

"How have you been Em?" He asked, his voice soft and gentle. Chenle widened his eyes at him, shocked at the tone of his words.

"Huang Renjun just asked a cat if- just adopt her already." He whisper yelled, trying not to catch the attention of the other people in the shop.

His smile faded, a sad one replacing it. "Do you really think I can take care of a cat when i don't even get time for myself?" The cat whined, snuggling into his arms.

The glass door was opened by Yenmi as she walked in, placing her bag on the counter next to the entrance. "Oh." She spoke to herself, staring at the group of boys who attended the same University as her.

"Hey, you're here." The employee said, handing her the uniform. "It's my shift so ofcourse I would be here." She said matter of factly.

The employee shrugged, grabbing her bag and leaving.

Chenle and Jisung waved at her, having encountered her a couple of times because of Munhee. Waving back, Yenmi quickly walked to the locker room, changing into her uniform.

When she came out, she was greeted by Donghyuck side eyeing her, sort of- judging her. She raised both her eyebrows, doing her work nevertheless.

Before she knew it, Mark and Donghyuck started staring at her as she emptied the bowls of food. Renjun glared at them for they were making it too obvious.

Yenmi filled up the bowls again with fresh food, placing them infront of the pets. Her eyes subconsciously searched for her favourite cat.

She walked towards Renjun, who held Emerald. "I- uh I'll need to feed her." She said. He didn't react, his back yet facing her.

She wasn't loud enough. "Hello? Renjun?" She tried again, her hoarse voice not helping. "Huang Renjun, I'll need the cat." She said louder, catching the attention of quite a few.

"For the love of hell, why did you have to yell." He muttered, holding the cat ahead.

"Yeah well apparently someone's gone deaf, that's why." She replied, eyes glaring right back at him when she held the cat.

Her fingers brushed against his wrist when she took the cat away from him, towards the other pets. Renjun stared at his wrist, before letting his hand fall to the side.

"What in the world did I just witness?" Chenle trailed off, eyes fixated on the pair and their little 'interaction'.

Y'all I wanna mass update some day bcz I literally have 15 drafts--