22.

Yenmi sighed, sitting beside her vampire friend

Yenmi sighed, sitting beside her vampire friend. "Are you okay?" He questioned, inspecting her from head to toe. She shrugged, a yawn escaping her lips.

Jaemin looked at her in disbelief, shaking his head. "You were out for two days and you're yet sleepy?" He chuckled. She puffed her cheeks out, her mind trying to sort out things.

"And? It shouldn't bother you." She retorted, closing her eyes. He craned his neck sideways, clicking his tongue. "You'll have to get used to those sudden attacks." He added, crossing his legs.

Her eyes shot up at his words, eyebrows ceased together. "Why me." She whined, laying her head on his shoulder. He chuckled, his chest vibrating. "I've told you so many times, you're special Mi." He smiled, patting her head.

"I was completely fine doing nothing." She grumbled, her jaw clenched. Jaemin ran his fingers through her hair, a habit he picked up over time.

Her knees were bought to her chest, wrapping one arm around it as she leaned on his shoulder. Jaemin himself had secured the girl in his grip, occasionally playing with her hair.

"You know what, you've always been special, whether it be with or without powers." He began, reminiscing the old memories with her. Mindlessly humming, she listened to her best friend.

"Even before Aria came into the picture, we were always beside each other, literally following each other everywhere." He chuckled, picturing the two young selves clinging onto each other.

"Especially when we went on trips together- I swear to god mom had to separate us every hour." She smiled, her stomach churning at the sudden flash of memories.

Jaemin nodded, pursing his lips. "It was fun, we went to the same school and after graduation, we chose to go to the same University too."

At the sudden mention, a pout formed on her lips- they had come so far together. "We've always been by each other's side." She muttered, fiddling with the hem of her now changed shirt.

"You better not forget me once you get married." He joked, nudging her. "Of course not, why would I?" She replied, sharing the same energy.

"You know, it's going to be tough for you. The next four months won't be easy at all. Have you ever decided whether you want to show yourself to the world and claim the crown or stay low?" He asked.

Truthfully, Yenmi had no idea what to do. It was all too sudden for her. She was surprised she didn't break down at the news, and kept her cool.

"I don't know Jae. If I were to claim the throne, I'd have to prove myself to the people. I yet don't even know how to activate my powers." She said in disappointment, head hanging low.

Jaemin smiled sympathetically, exhaling a breath. "You have four months Mi, just try your best huh? Exams will be over in a week anyway." He assured her. "And you could always talk to me, I'm here for you." He smiled.

"But what if I can't do it? What if I humiliate myself? Renjun has been training for quite a long- it wouldn't be fair on him if I suddenly would appear in his life. All his efforts would go in vain. It's not like I'm worth it either." She rambled on, nervousness filtering through her perfectly executed voice.

"You'll be fine. You did see his mother today, right? She's crazy, she just wants the crown. If Renjun gets crowned, the world will be in bad hands, trust me." He sighed, rubbing comforting circles on her back.

"It's not like it will be in good hands if I become the ruler, I know nothing about the world Jaemin. I couldn't even save myself when I drowned." She said, for the first time in her life, not confident in herself.

Deep down, Jaemin knew she was right. With the ruling, a lot of threats and difficulties came. One had to have a strong mindset to face all of them. There could be wars, people close to you could even die, it wasn't easy at all.

Renjun had faced almost all of that since a young age, which was why he was used it. Knowing what to do when. It wasn't easy at all, it was extremely difficult.

"No sweetheart, you'll be a great ruler. You have four months, spend a month having control over your powers and anger so that you don't suddenly transform. Spend the rest strengthening yourself, physically and mentally. I wouldn't lie and say it'll be easy, but it's for the best."

Then again, Jaemin was right. She couldn't just give up so easily when she didn't even try. And as that man said, "It was much easier when a Phoenix wasn't around, that Demon boy is easy to take down anyway." She was chosen for a reason, and she would live up to it.

"I'm pretty sure that you know someone's after you, perhaps a whole group of people. What they want is you to give up, then they would attack Renjun. Now if you don't do as they expect, they'd have to go past you and Renjun to get the crown. Isn't that much better?" He asked.

She nodded half-heartedly, scratching the pads of her finger. "If you want, I'll help you with activating your powers, okay? Even my friends can do so." He suggested.

"Your friends? Lucas?" She questioned. "Yes, Lucas and Jiyayi are two of them. There's also Yangyang and sometimes Chenle and Jisung join us too." He said.

It couldn't be that bad right? It was just training with them for a couple of months. Although she didn't want to be dragged into this message, she'd rather risk her freedom than risk her beloved ones. Yenmi looked up at the ceiling, her eyes flashing a shade of gold for a moment.

She was determined, determined to prove everyone wrong and lead the world to a healthy future. Perhaps that's what was written in her book.

"So Li, are you ready to become the hottest ruler of all times?" Jaemin encouraged, smirking. Yenmi chuckled, hugging her only close friend other than Aria.

"Yes or no, Li Yenmi?" He repeated a smug grin on his lips. She nodded, fist-bumping him. She wasn't here to joke around, she was surely going to get everyone on line, right?

Ignoring the endless possibilities that could happen, from worse to best, she smiled, showing a thumbs up.

"Fuck yes."

Ngl I was sad when I wrote this :/