24.

The pitch black eyes of the demon glared into hers, his palm wrapped around the wooden handle

The pitch black eyes of the demon glared into hers, his palm wrapped around the wooden handle. "No, stay away." She warned, the penetrating pain in her left thigh not helping one bit.

She crawled back, her body dragging against the ground. He grazed his finger against the Katana, the crimson blood coating the pad of his finger.

In a flash, he teleported right beside her, crouching down. A shriek of terror escaped her bruised lips, her heartbeat erratic. "It's fun right? To rule the world?" He asked, caressing her cheek.

Tears mixed with blood streamed down her face, her voice trembling whenever she spoke. "But, you yet wanted it all. You didn't even hesitate." He spat, disappearing before teleporting behind her.

The blade pressed against her neck, forming a minor cut. "It hurts right?" His voice was laced with venom, almost as if he held all the hatred in the world against her.

She felt weak, powerless. No matter how hard she tried, nothing worked, her powers just wouldn't activate, it was like she was back when she first got them.

"You can't even save yourself, how will you save the entire world, doll?" He whispered, bloodied hands bopping her nose.

"Don't call me that!" She said, trying to put up a strong facade. He chuckled mirthlessly, his voice sounding immensely ugly to her.

"Just kill her already, you're taking too much time." A feminine voice said, pursing her lips. The Demon growled, trying to usher her away, but failed.

"Must I remind you of how fast the time is ticking? You have to do this quick." She said, staring at her with no pity.

"Why are you doing this to me! Let me go! I fucking will kill you!" She yelled, threatening the other two who seemed unfazed.

"I'm scared." He said, raising his hands up. "Bullshit, you can't even find a good threat." She muttered, pursing her lips in disappointment at the supposedly smart ruler.

"It's not a threat you whore, I can and will kill you." She said, her eyes finally turning gold and red.

He harshly pulled her up with her collar, smirking. Leaning closer, he smiled. "Now let's wrap this up, eh?" His fangs grazed over her earlobe, purely disgusting her.

He pressed his lips against her forehead, making tears stream down her face even faster. He glanced at her, widening his eyes by a fraction. "Well, that's cool." He said, wiping the tears from both her eyes to show it to her.

Golden and red.

"Just let me go you asshole!" She yelled, her voice chords burning. He clicked his tongue, grip tightening on the Katana. "Not so easily darling." He said before all around her got blurry, black dots blinding her vision and knees weakening.

His malicious laugh was heard in the background as she clutched onto her stomach. "Now all I need is your wings," He began, before she fell limp on the ground, a lone black tear escaping her amber eyes.

But she wasn't unconscious, she was just weak.

"Before you're dead."

Yenmi sat up straight, sniffling. The same dream again, only there was a little difference. Was it reality? Was she really going to die once she became the ruler?

She wiped the tears on her face, the warmth of her hand surprising her. She kicked the duvet off her body, walking out of the house mindlessly.

In all truth, she was terrified, she could feel the pain even after waking up. She felt as if a hole was created in her stomach, her thigh slashed, and her hair being pulled out of its roots.

It hurt.

She walked towards the cliff, no idea as to why her feet took her there. The rock was yet there, and so was the Demon, who sat on the edge on the cliff.

He almost immediately noticed her presence, glancing back at her. "Why are you here so late?" He said, his voice echoeing slightly.

"Nightmare." She said, jumping on the rock. Renjun didn't react, simply gazing at the moon that was seen after weeks of rain.

His thumb brushed over his finger, not finding the ring. His hands oddly felt bare without the ring, and his mother was yet mad at him for losing the precious metal.

"Why are you always here?" She asked him. It was funny how they were always acting cocky in the day hours and once one of them would reach the cliff, they'd be vulnerable.

"No reason." He simply said, a yawn leaving his lips. "How are you?" She asked again, not knowing why. "Uh." He said, confusion written on his face.

"Sudden but okay, I guess." He shrugged. She stared at him blankly, having nothing else to do. He wore a plain grey t-shirt, paired with black sweatpants.

His hair was let down and not tied, the black bangs flowing with the wind. His fangs were rather hidden, the only thing standing out was his lip ring.

On contrary to that, Yenmi was dressed extremely- casually. She had a star printed pajamas on, her hair pulled in a loose ponytail. She wore matching slippers and had her sleeping mask resting on the top of her forehead.

She inwardly groaned, not knowing how he looked so composed at any time of the day.

Her back suddenly straightened, the pain causing the sudden change. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she felt her airway get clogged. Yenmi balled her fists, her nails creating crescent like imprintings on her palm.

Tears threatened to fall, the pain unbearable. "Fuck. No, not now." She mumbled, her fist hitting the cold rock. Renjun looked at her at this, his eyes narrowing to get a better vision of her.

He stood up with the help of his hands, dusting his pants. Walking closer to the now, sobbing girl, he awkwardly stood there. "I- uh are you okay?" He asked, frowning as he didn't know why she didn't just leave.

"Does it look like it?" She cried, her pain filled shrieks filling the area. "Are you serious- what if mom hears you." He clicked his tongue.

"Help me asshole!" She yelled, clutching on to her chest. "The only way I can help is to make you unconcious."

"No! I don't want to miss the exams! Just- just do something!" She retorted. Renjun pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing.

Even in pain, she only cared about exams.

Just a question- who do y'all think the two ppl that appear in her dream are