43.

The news was everywhere, Li Yenmi was going to have to fight against Huang Renjun in three months

The news was everywhere, Li Yenmi was going to have to fight against Huang Renjun in three months. You could use your powers, fists, anything but guns or any weapons. They had to prove who was much more capable with two tests, a mental one and a physical one.

Whoever survived the physical one would ofcourse, be the ruler.

And the other would be dead.

Yenmi shuddered at the thought she was probably getting attached to the boy who either she would kill or would be killed by.

Huang's state on the other hand was quite calm. As usual, the boy didn't show any emotions on his face, simply glaring at the people who whispered behind his back.

When Mingxia told him that he was supposed to kill her, he did indeed try to protest. Mingxia just snarled at him, jabbing a finger in his chest as she spoke. "Don't let your heart get in the way, son. I want her dead." She had paused between each word, giving more emphasis.

But it didn't really matter, because he never did listen to her.

"You there?" Donghyuck waved his hand in front of Renjun, cocking an eyebrow up at his friend's weird behaviour. "No, nothing." He snapped out of his trance, brushing his hair back.

Donghyuck scoffed, narrowing his eyes at him as he sat back. "You seem off, are you okay?" He asked, biting into his apple with a rather loud crunch.

He hummed, staring at the empty bottle of water in his hands. "Oh, is it about the Phoenix?" He asked again, his lips curling into a smirk.

Renjun's eyes shot up at him, giving him an icy glare. "No, now shut up." He scowled.

Donghyuck rested his hand on his shoulder, giving in a tight squeeze. Renjun kept a stoic expression on, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"We all fall in--"

"No." Renjun cut him off, harshly yanking his hand off his shoulder. "It wasn't even a question, lover boy." He chuckled, patting his thigh.

"Fuck you."

"Fuck me?" Donghyuck said, not really realising what he just blurted.

Renjun eyed him, sighing. "What."

"Ignore," Donghyuck sheepishly smiled, retracting his hand. "Anyway, how's it going with you and the Phoenix?" He asked, propping his chin against his palm.

Renjun snorted, tilting his head sideways. "How's what going?" He muttered, staring down at his bare finger where the ring should've been.

Lee followed his gaze down to his hand, whistling lowly. "She already has your ring, she'll have your heart soon too." He mocked.

The Demon boy didn't seem to take this well as he kicked his leg, his eyebrow twitching. "Ow, you didn't have to." Donghyuck hissed, rubbing the part he hit.

"I had to, you fucking deserve it." Renjun snapped.

Well, Renjun had to face it sooner or later. He had to get himself sorted out and not fall in love with her- that is if he hadn't already.

According to him, they weren't meant to be. They were literally going to be the end of eachother. It would only be tougher for him to kill her if he got attached.

There were only a couple more months left before the D-Day. What was going to happen, was that both of them would be in a sort of 'training centre' for a week or so, and would have to live in the same building.

This would, as the rule says, give them time to study each others weaknesses and so, and perhaps have time to change their minds too.

But of course, that's not how their world works. That's not how Mingxia's world works. He was sure that his mother would try to kill her off without even fighting, probably poison her or so.

But Huang was determined, if they were to end up in that building, he wouldn't let her die.

Atleast not by someone else's hands.

It wasn't going to be easy for them, not for her not for him. Xia would do everything in her hands to get that crown, but Renjun would do anything in his hands to have a fair play.

It wasn't like he wanted to kill her, that'd be too brutal even for his stone hearted self. After all these months, he atleast wanted to not lose a,,, relationship?

Whatever the cause was, he had only one goal in mind.

Not let her die, atleast not yet.