27.

She propped her head against her arm, staring at the ceiling

She propped her head against her arm, staring at the ceiling. The loud sound of her two friends bickering were flowing into her ears, making her squeeze her eyes close.

"Can you both shut up?" She snapped, feeling lightheaded.

Both of them exchanged a look, snickering. "No." They said in unison. Yenmi rubbed her face with her palm, whining in annoyance.

She was currently at Jaemin's house, lying on his couch as Aria and him argued over the dumbest things in the pillow fort they made earlier.

"No dude, straws have one hole." Aria said, banging her fist on her thigh. "They have two!" Jaemin protested, throwing a pillow on her.

Aria feigned an offended expression at his action, only to throw back the exact same pillow on him, way harder. "Hey! That hurt!" He exclaimed.

Their voices were muffled as she zoned out, thinking of the recent events and upcoming ones. She missed her father dearly, unfortunately his 'short' trip had extended even more.

She missed his dumb jokes which she would laugh at, his awkward hugs and the way he gave sarcastic replies to Aera.

Yenmi was abruptly bought back to reality as a pillow landed on her face, blocking her airway. Her body shot up straight, the pillow falling on her lap.

"What was that for?" She said, glaring at the duo who looked terrified. "An accident, I swear on- yeah god." Aria said, glancing at Jaemin who didn't seem quite pleased with her swearing on God.

"For hell's sake, you guys are going to be the end of me." She mumbled, tossing the pillow back to them as she lay back down in her original position.

Aria and Jaemin walked closer to her, sitting beside her. "What's on your mind bae?" Aria asked, her bottom lip slightly sticking out.

Yenmi wasn't too sure how to tell her about her thoughts. She hadn't had a hangout with Aria since almost a month, which made her a tad bit more careful with her words.

She wasn't sure if Jaemin told her about her getting those weird attacks but she personally had told her about her being a Phoenix.

She reacted rather calmly, as if she knew from the very beginning.

Jaemin sympathetically looked at her, sighing exasperatedly. "You'll do good, just believe yourself." He said, the corner of his lips tugging up.

"Do good on what?" Aria said, confused.

"Proving herself, of for that case, beating Mingxia." He said, glancing at Aria to see her reaction. She nodded, understanding exactly what she was going through.

"Yo, you could always talk to us, okay?" Aria assured, bopping her nose playfully. Yenmi chuckled, nodding.

Jaemin cleared his throat, a look of disgust on his face when he saw their little interaction. "Anyways, do you know about the ceremony thing which is going to be hosted by Mingxia?" He asked.

It took her a second before she nodded, humming boredly. "Mom told me about it, and I suppose I have to attend it too?" She asked him.

Aria raised an eyebrow at their conversation, nevertheless letting them continue.

"Attend it? More like barge into the hall and forcefully announce that you're the 'unfound' phoenix." He air quoted.

"Barge into the what now." She spoke in disbelief, unable to comprehend his words well. "Barge in the hall and go to stage and do your thing." He shrugged as if it wasn't a great deal.

"How am I supposed to do that Mr. Na?" She groaned.

"I don't know, just do it." He taunted, picking his nails. "Do I have a script or something? How will I do that?" She threw her head back in annoyance.

"Script? Nah, we ain't got any of those. You'll have to do it with your instinct, you'll know what to say." He said, getting up to clear up the mess they caused.

"What if I literally fall face first when I enter the place itself? That'll be embarrassing as fuck." She mumbled.

He grabbed the empty plastics, throwing them in the bin. "No you won't, you'll do fine."

"I'm here people." Aria said, rolling her eyes. She knew that they both were closer to eachother than her, she didn't mind either.

But both of them being the pranksters they are, ignored her for fun, continuing with their conversation.

"What am I supposed to wear now." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. Jaemin scanned her from head to toe, somewhat thinking of an outfit.

"We can go shopping later if you want." He suggested, folding the blankets. Yenmi hummed, yawning. "You know what, you should get some sleep." He said disappointedly.

She sighed, remembering last night. She did need sleep, but that same nightmare didn't help at all. Ofcourse, the aftermath had to be even worse.

She didn't know why she always walked to the cliff, it was.. calming and it also had a beautiful scenery but other than that, she had no idea.

"I'll try, nowadays sleep is quite rare for me." She joked, grabbing her phone. "All these years you've slept like a baby, atleast now you're going through what I go through each night." He retorted.

Aria was clearly not having it as she slammed pillow on the ground, a fake smile on her lips.

"I'm not a hallucination, bitches."