7.

Yenmi sat in her Uber, impatiently waiting for the car to get back on the main city line

Yenmi sat in her Uber, impatiently waiting for the car to get back on the main city line. Her driver thought it was a great idea to take the longer route instead of the normal way because it was 'faster'.

She spot a big mansion, it almost looked like a castle. Her eyes reflected the light of the house as she stared at it in awe.

The car suddenly came to a halt, the driver constantly trying to get in driving. Yenmi's eyebrows knitted together, an uneasy feeling rising in her gut.

"Oh ma'am, I'll check what's wrong with the car, you can go out to get some fresh air." He said, getting out of the vehicle himself. Yenmi tilted her head in confusion, but nonetheless decided to follow him out.

The cold breeze hit her skin as soon as she got out, making a shiver go down her spine. She walked towards the end of the cliff, the lake shining under the moonlight.

Yenmi closed her eyes shut, enjoying the cold wind. Hearing footsteps behind her, she swiftly turned around as a reflex.

Sighing when she saw the driver, she pursed her lips. "Is the car good now?" She asked, staring at the untouched bonnet of the car.

Her eyes widened when she saw the man come closer to her, finger tracing her jawline. "What a shame, you are such a sweetheart." He said, smirking.

Grasping onto the situation, Yenmi tried to push him away, and she did. The man tilted his head in disapproval, coming closer to her again and holding on to her jaw. "You do not do that again." He threatened.

Yenmi kicked his crotch, making him bend down in pain. She ran away from him, as fast as her legs could take her. A strong grip on her waist stopped her.

Hesitantly turned her head over her shoulder, she saw a green mist wrapped around her waist. The man now got up and walked towards the struggling girl, pouting oh so fakely.

He smiled at Yenmi, patting her head. "Let me go you asshole!" Yenmi yelled, her voice chords hurting. "Why would I? It was much easier when a Phoenix wasn't around, that Demon boy is easy to take down anyway."

Yenmi looked at him in disbelief, tears threatening to fall. "Wait, don't tell me you didn't know?" He chuckled, wheezing at the poor girl.

Yenmi glared at him, gulping down the lump in her throat. "Well it's time to stay goodbye." He waved his hand, taking his hand back. The green mist pushed her down the cliff, making Yenmi scream her heart out.

She saw the male look down at her before she fell in the water with a loud splash, she didn't know how to swim.

Her tears mixed with the water, as she struggled to bring her body up. Although one thing couldn't seem to get off her mind even if she was dying.

She was a Phoenix.

Yenmi's body shot up straight, drenched in her own sweat. She panted in realisation, looking at the wall clock that hung in her room. She was back home, but she didn't remember coming back.

"It was just a dream." She tried convincing herself, kicking the blanket off her body. Stumbling out of her room, she placed herself beside her father, who sat on the couch.

"Mi, sweetheart are you okay?" Daejung asked, scanning her from head to toe. Yenmi couldn't reply to him as Aera came rushing out the kitchen hearing her daughter's name.

"Oh lord, are you fine? Do you have a fever? Any cuts?" She made Yenmi stand, inspecting her. "Mom, dad, I'm completely okay." Yenmi assured, smiling at her parents.

"How can you be okay?! You nearly died yesterday from what that letter said!" Daejung said, bringing out a piece of paper. Yenmi snatched it from his hand, eyes tracing the words.

"Hello Ma'am/Sir,

I was the one who teleported Yenmi back home.. or atleast I hope I got the right address. She had almost drowned (?) Which is why she is unconscious. I assure you that I have done nothing and I hope she gets better.

-hrj

Hrj.. Huang Renjun. Yenmi looked at the paper once again, making sure she didn't misread anything. Her grip on the paper tightened as she recalled her 'dream'.

"Where's my phone?" She asked her parents, who pursed their lips. "It isn't working. After all it was in your pocket when you drowned."

Yenmi sighed, massaging her temples.

"So it wasn't a dream."

Hi lmao

Hi lmao