41.

"You'll have to think quick, the crowning is in less than three months

"You'll have to think quick, the crowning is in less than three months." The female mumbled, sitting back on her chair. He shrugged, twirling his wine glass in a circular motion.

The red liquid moved ever so gently in the glass, reflecting the soft light.

"We'll have to think quick, darling. Anyway, I heard it's her birthday in a month?" He questioned, sipping on the red liquid.

She hummed, tossing him a file with all the information in it. "All you need is right there." She pointed at it, a proud expression on her face.

The girl jumped on the desk, fixing her hair into a bun. "So, we just kill her, right?" He asked, eyes scanning each word imprinted on the paper.

"Sure." She shrugged.

The play was in their hands, they had two options, either to let her win the crown- which they obviously would not let happen.

Or they simply do as he said, kill her. As easy as it sounded, it truly wasn't. The chances were, they'd get caught by- as I quote, lover boy. And although he wasn't that buff and tall, he most definitely was very powerful.

It wasn't very common for two young people to go out, hunting for the ruler. No one but them and Mingxia dared to do that.

Mingxia had her plans which were being overly confident that he would beat the Phoenix.

Oh, how wrong she was.

Nevertheless, the duo smirked in unison, glancing at the screen of the monitor that displayed the whole schedule of Yenmi for the next month.

"We're professional stalkers." He chuckled, craning his neck to the side. She shot him a glare, shutting him up. "I ain't no stalker." She scoffed.

"Whatever you say." He taunted, crossing one leg over the other. He had his fingers laced on his lap, his attire contrary to his posture.

After exchanging a couple more words, the two walked out of their hideout, walking towards their respective motorcycles.

She smiled at the sight of the vehicle, swinging one leg around it first to properly sit on it. One of the common things between the duo was their thirst for control and their love for motorbikes.

That's exactly how they had met too. They were racing one fine night when the two happened to have a small conversation. That small conversation turned into sharing of numbers then sharing of interests and now, sharing of the same goal.

She pulled her black leather gloves up her slender fingers, securing the helmet on her head. The man mirrored her actions, glancing at her.

She seemed to not notice his stare, completely oblivious of his small actions. He pulled up his mask, rolling his eyes at her as she drove off first.

He soon followed, making sure not to make the distance between them too huge.

This was all part of their routine, spying on her all day long and then during the night, going out with their motorcycles to either go somewhere specific or just for a long ride.

Their first attempt on kidnapping Yenmi sure had failed, but they weren't going to give up yet, not so soon.

They were already so close to their plan, she spent almost two years trying to figure out whether or whether not Li was the Phoenix as she doubted.

Two years, two years of her life she spent going to the same University as her even if she didn't want to. But as he said, everything will have a reward.

Yeah, she admitted what they were doing wasn't the best thing, but after all, she was only a young soul when she was pushed into the wrong track.

The taller sped past her, his laugh being heard by her. Holding the urge back to bump into him, she only revved up the engine, catching up to him in split second.

They both grinned under their helmets, looking straight ahead.

The two weren't meant to be main characters, they weren't meant to be what they wanted to be and that's what set them apart from others.

They truly didn't have anyone else who understood them, they were what one could say, two pieces of a puzzle. They fit perfectly together and if wanted, they could do anything.

But, every person has their ups and downs, they would not only have to set their reputation aside for what they were about to do but also set aside their hearts.

Just as their last names, Yang and Yin were destined to be together, whether as friends, partners in crime, enemies or lovers.

I literally made it so obvious who 'she' is like dude 😻