14.

"Your ring? You had a ring?" Yenmi asked, hands awkwardly resting on his shoulders when he suddenly pulled her

He held back the urge to glare at her as his teeth grazed on his lip ring. "Don't act dumb, doll. I know very well that you have it." He whispered, his voice an octave lower.

She pushed the man away, crossing her arms over her chest. "No, I don't. Stop accusing me of something I didn't do." She spat bitterly, tongue pressed against her inner cheek.

"Oh really? I never said you were a thief, neither did I accuse you. Just a fact."

She rolled her eyes, reaching for a wand which he almost instantly held up, tiptoeing. Jumping, she groaned when she couldn't reach it.

He's probably wearing insoles

She thought. "I'm not. You're just short." He said blankly, his demonic eyes gazing into hers. "Are you a mind reader now?" Yenmi scoffed.

"Maybe you just thought out loud."

"Maybe you should shut up."

"No, why would I?"

"Because!"

He hummed mockingly, playing with her wand. "Anyways, your wand will remain with me." He simply said, tossing her her bag and sliding the stick in his own.

"No, wait!" She hastily said, sighing. He extended his palm forward, clearly wanting his ring back. She massaged her temples, pursing her lips.

"Come on, give it back." He was annoyed, if the girl wouldn't return his ring- not exactly his but the ring back soon, he would have to face his beautiful mother's calm anger.

Yeah, not calm.

Yenmi fiddled with her fingers, smiling sheepishly. "Give it already." His tone was starting to get harsher, a sign that she should be more careful with her words.

"Well,"

"Well?"

"What makes you think I didn't lose it myself?"

Renjun blinked in disbelief, jaw slack. His eyebrows were drawn down together, his eyes getting darker by the second.

Only one thing was on his mind, why, out of all people did she find his ring. And why did she have to be so careless? There was pretty much only one answer to that, She was Li Yenmi.

His grip on the bag tightened as he inhaled a huge breath to calm his tense muscles down. "What?" He breathed out, his voice coming out much more commanding than he thought.

"Yeah,, I kind of... lost it."

A really short chapter heh

Neway I'm not sure if I mentioned her last name before, did I? If I did, what was her last name cz my deadass forgot and I'm too lazy to read it all again 😭

I was hesitating at the word doll... Is it too fast? I don't think so because this is just a teasing nickname 😀✌️