50.

Yenmi fluttered her eyes open, blinking rapidly to get a proper sight of her surroundings

Yenmi fluttered her eyes open, blinking rapidly to get a proper sight of her surroundings. She hissed, touching the side of her forehead with her fingers. Bringing them down, her eyebrows knitted together at spotting the crimson liquid.

"You're finally awake." A voice said, clicking his tongue.

Her head snapped towards the male, her eyes widening in realisation. She gulped when her eyes landed on the Katana laying on the ground next to him.

The male inched closer to her, crouching down beside her. "Happy Birthday." He spoke, a wry smile on his lips. Li scoffed, tearing her gaze away from him. "Who even are you to wish me on my birthday?" She muttered.

"Haoran. Not that it matters." He chuckled, standing up straight and turning on his heel.

She scanned her surroundings- no one around her. Yenmi could see the top of the banquet hall from where she was though, which meant they weren't very far away.

And she could make a run for it.

Haoran leaned on the tree, his back facing her. "Weren't you the one who kidnapped me earlier too?" She asked, oblivious of the male whose face twisted at the memory.

"No." He bluntly lied.

The Phoenix raised her eyebrows, already attempting to get up on her feet while she tried to distract him. "No? I don't have that bad of a memory."

Haoran was waiting for someone, which caused him to not kill her yet. "Does it bother you that much? I let you live longer." He spat bitterly.

His ears perked up at the sound of grass crunching, immediately rolling his eyes. "Dumbass." He mumbled.

Yenmi, completely in her world, took slow steps away from him- her mind yet hazy from all the alcohol intake.

It showed.

She felt her body thrown back, head hitting the hard ground with the stones scattered on it. When she opened her eyes, she was met with Haoran smirking. He held her down, freehand pushing his hair back.

"Fuck you." She snapped, even though her head felt like it was burst open- feeling lightheaded all over again. Oh, how bad she wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

Her balled fist landed right on his jaw, causing him to retract by an inch. Taking the chance, she turned him over, now trapping him with her hands holding his, leg between his.

At least a benefit from being friends with Yangyang.

"Someone isn't as weak as I thought." He spoke, gazing straight into her eyes. This only led to her throwing another punch, this time harder. "Someone is weaker than I thought." She retorted.

His eyes flashed a black shade, pushing her off him harshly. Before she could even regain her composure, he sliced her thigh with his pocket knife, blood bursting forth and running down her leg.