46.

"I'm hungry," Jiyayi commented, head laying on Lucas's lap as she stared at the ceiling

"I'm hungry," Jiyayi commented, head laying on Lucas's lap as she stared at the ceiling. Yangyang and Chenle, who were busy playing video games, ignored her.

Yenmi hummed, flipping the page of her book. "Oi, someone get me food," Jiyayi repeated, a pout appearing on her lips.

"Do it yourself," Jisung mumbled, his head resting on Li's shoulder. The seven were currently hanging out in their 'hideout', having nothing better to do.

Yangyang groaned when he lost the game, tossing the controller aside. "Bow down to me, peasant," Chenle announced, grinning.

"Heck no." The dragon deadpanned, glaring at the younger. "It's a shame you lost." Lucas butted in, playing with his girlfriend's hair. "Try me, bitch." Yangyang snorted, recalling how he had in fact, died in the first game itself.

Yenmi, who was peacefully reading her book, sighed harshly, pushing her glasses up. "Could you all shut up?"

They seemed to have not heard her, the bickering continuing. Jaemin sat up straight from the loud noises, rubbing his eyes to get a better vision of the chaos.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Li chuckled, squishing his cheeks. His hair was dishevelled, strands of hair standing up.

Jaemin yawned, a thin layer of moisture coating his eyes. "What'd I miss?" He spoke, voice hoarse and muffled. No one other than the Phoenix acknowledged his presence, too busy in their worlds.

"Nothing much other than a ton shit arguments." Yenmi filled him up with whatever happened, yet annoyed at the fact she couldn't finish reading her book.

He crawled closer to the couch where she and Jisung sat, leaning on the couch. She looked down at him, confused. Jisung let out a yelp of surprise at him, nevertheless playing with his hair.

"Oh my god Ji, no." He groaned, quite aware of his hair being pulled out from its roots. "It's fun." He giggled, braiding the man's hair.

She stifled her laughter at the adorable sight, shifting away to give them space. "Yo ass hats." Yangyang began, turning towards his friends.

"What's up, moron?" Jiyayi retorted, too tired to face him. He just shot her a look before clapping his hands together. "I have something to tell you all."

A series of uninterested hums was what he got in return, making his face fall. "Forget it." He muttered.

The two girls cooed at his sulking self, then bursting into laughter. "Oh come on Yang, we're listening," Yenmi spoke, waving her hand to motion him to continue.

He puffed his cheeks out, arms crossing over his chest. "Fine. As I was saying, there's going to be a party on 10th October."

"A party? Why?" Lucas chimed in, boredly staring at him. "Probably his birthday or some shit." Chenle joked. Yangyang had an offended expression on display, glaring at them.

"You're not wrong, Chenle, but it is not only my birthday." He said.

Yenmi's eyes shot up at him, she clearly had no plans of telling the others or even celebrating the day she was unwillingly born.

Jaemin and Yangyang, who were the only ones who knew, exchanged looks- nodding. "Who else then?" Jisung spoke, oblivious.

"Li Yenmi-" Jaemin said but was cut off as the said girl smacked his arm.

All of them had their eyes on her in unison, jaws dropped. "Wait you're birthday twins with Yangyang?" Jiyayi uttered. Hesitantly, she nodded, her ears turning red at the unnecessary attention.

"That's so cool," Jisung said in awe.

Yangyang and Yenmi shook their heads, scoffing. "It's not." The said simultaneously.

"Why though? Seems cool to me. You both are probably twins, who knows." Chenle shrugged, tearing a pack of chips open.

"Exactly, instead of two different parties, we'll have one." He said.

Liu wasn't wrong though, they couldn't possibly have two parties when they basically shared the same group of friends. Even having two different parties on the same day wasn't a very good idea.

"So I'm going to have to get two gifts?" It was Lucas who spoke up this time. They nodded at the question, already in deep thought of what to get the birthday twins.

10th October, was just a few days away. Would it be fun or would be a complete disaster? No one could tell. Perhaps she could finally enjoy herself for one day.

"Yeah so, about the party." Yangyang began again, noticing the others zone out. "I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but it'll be a grand event which- may I tell you- wasn't my idea." He cheekily smiled.

His eyes locked with Yenmi, who did not like where this was leading. "And you'll be there as my birthday twins, it has already been decided." He said, pointing at her.

A groan escaped her lips, throwing her head back. "The time I've known her, she's always celebrated her birthday real quietly," Jaemin mumbled, excited that his best friend was finally going to be the centre of attention for a grand party.

Lucas snickered, already ready for the event. "This will be fun."

It sure would be, but if not careful, it could lead to a catastrophe. The Phoenix would be the centre of attention after all, and that right there could lead to a mishap.

The day I was born could be the day I die.

In this horrible world, anything was possible. Especially when one was indirectly in a battle with a Demon and his oh-so-calm mother.

She shut her eyes closed, Yenmi certainly didn't want to ruin the mood but her gut feeling said otherwise. Feeling a squeeze on her hand, she opened her eyes to see Jisung looking at her with a reassuring gaze and Jaemin smiling at her.

At least she knew she wasn't alone in this.

As you see, none of these chapters are filler chaps, they all play a very important role in the plotline

Which also means, this party isn't just going to be a normal one.

+ Sorry for being inactive- my exams are nearing bcz of which I haven't written any chaps since the past week and am relying on my drafts 😭