25.

Renjun stared at her nonchalantly, watching her struggle

Renjun stared at her nonchalantly, watching her struggle. She slid down the rock, hand gripping onto her back in agony.

He couldn't clearly see her, only the frame of her body being visible under the darkness.  Her gasps were rather audible as she leaned her body on the rock, her hair fell on face, covering her tear stained cheeks.

Why did it always hurt so bad? She had no clue, but definitely she didn't want it to last any longer. She stumbled on feet, turning towards him.

Her hands left the support of the rock, making her knees weaken. She would've fallen if it weren't for him holding her arms, steadying her.

He tucked the stray strands of hair behind her ear, getting a better view of her face. "Does it hurt alot?" He asked, somewhat relating to her state.

Both of them went through the same thing at an unusual age, causing it to be much more harsh and longer. Renjun was very young, only seven when he began transforming.

His mother hadn't helped him at all, he was in his room all day, crying his lungs out. He remembered every single bit of it, from the way blood trickled down his back to when his gums hurt- the sign of getting fangs.

He remembered how he clutched onto his old teddy, the way it had almost ripped apart from the strong grip he had. The aftermath was worse, sudden strokes, coughing blood, and even fainting at times.

His friends all left him, after watching him transform into a, what he said, ugly creature.

He couldn't even live his childhood, he was burdened, pressured and had trouble even talking to other people.

That only made it worse, he had to face Mingxia every day, her tormenting him mercilessly. She wasn't his mom, no, he had given up on calling her that long ago. He was, as saved in his phone; birthgiver.

He tore his gaze away from Yenmi, the sudden wave of memories making him choke on his tears. "It does, Renjun." She said in a whisper, her body heating up suddenly.

Renjun felt her pain, unfortunately enough, he couldn't just walk away. "Calm down, love. Think of whatever you like, whether it be the night sky or the sea." He calmly said.

Her hands gripped onto his tighter when she felt another sharp pain on her back, hissing.

"Nothing hurts, right? You're just enjoying at a beach, playing in the water." He said, as if hypnotizing her with his voice which was soft and fragile for the first time in years.

She sniffled, trying to imagine the scenario in her head. "You love the sky, it looks so bright." He said, as if reading off a script. He knew too well how to calm someone down, he knew exactly what they needed.

"You make a sandcastle, laughing like a little girl." He continued, a sympathetic smile on his lips.

She felt her breath hitch when she was in the exact scenario, but she was yet afraid; she was completely deserted. As if reading her mind, Renjun added to his words.

"A shadow is created by someone, which makes you immediately get up." He said, referring to Jaemin. Everything fit perfectly, she suddenly even forgot that it was night time, and she was by a cliff.

"He hands you a drink, ruffling your hair. You both walk along the shore, the sound of the water hitting the sand calmly ringing in your ears."

But she, she imagined none other than Renjun himself, who unlike his usual self, had a bright smile on his face.

They walked beside eachother, hands brushing every now and then. It felt too real, it felt like she was actually there.

He suddenly held her hand, smiling at her. The two went on, occassionally spotting some shells on the ground. Her heartbeat slowed itself down, and her body cooled down.

Renjun just blankly stared at her, oblivious of the scene playing in her head. His lips were pulled in a thin line, relating to her situation alot.

Except there was no one to help him.

In her mind, Renjun was speaking something- but she couldn't hear anything, she could just see his lips moving and his eyes sparkling.

But apparently her self in her mind could hear him, as she felt her head involuntarily nod. He carried on speaking, hands making excited gestures.

Suddenly, she felt her head snap to the left as she spotted two figures skipping closer to them. Her eyes trailed down to their hands which were intervened, and they had huge smiles on their lips.

Her eyebrows furrowed. This all seemed too.. weird to be just an imagination. What was it? Her past life, no definitely not. The future? She had no idea at all.

Renjun left her hands, letting her stand on her own. But as soon as he did that, Yenmi's head began pounding and she started feeling dizzy.

Her imagination was flickering, literally. With that, she fell right back into Renjun's arms, unconscious.

He sighed, shaking his head as he glanced down at the Phoenix in his arms. With a grunt, he straightened her up so she was leaning on his body and not falling down.

His eyes habitually looked up at the sky, that wasn't very interesting either.

Renjun closed his eyes, teleporting with a black mist. He didn't have an option, now that he knew where she lived- from Jaemin, he couldn't just leave her there till she woke up.

He dragged her to her bed, not very gently- plopping her on it. He removed her slippers and pushed her legs on the bed, then grabbed her duvet that lay on the ground.

Never had he ever done this to anyone before, a first. Nonetheless, he tucked the female in, not forgetting to turn on the air conditioner before he left.

Yenmi stirred in her sleep, a content smile on her lips. Perhaps she was finally going to have a good night's sleep, but as they say, good things don't last long.

 Perhaps she was finally going to have a good night's sleep, but as they say, good things don't last long

Is this good? I was writing this while ignoring my mum's yells 😃🔫