29.

As said by Yenmi, they all decided to go to the centre of the city, which as expected, was crowded

As said by Yenmi, they all decided to go to the centre of the city, which as expected, was crowded. The constant horns of the vehicles and chattering of the people was heard.

"I did not sign up for this." Renjun grumbled, massaging his temples at the commotion. The two did what they did the whole way here, ignored him.

It was humid and hot, even when it seemed like it were to rain. She wiped the beads of sweat formed on her hairline, fanning herself.

"Okay, this is actually a bad idea." Munhee said, trying to avoid the people who walked without pausing, sometimes even bumping into them.

Renjun agreed, his head pounding with the excessive noise that was even louder because of his super hearings.

Yenmi's grip tightened around her bag as she felt her body temperature rise by the moment, she could not tolerate heat at all.

"Let's go get icecream then." She said, feeling her throat get dry. "We'll be just wasting out time then." Renjun said under his breath, pursing his lips.

"Oh no, icecream could never be a waste of time." Munhee snapped, linking her arms with him and forcefully dragging him.

She took the lead, ignoring their bickering. Without thinking, she attempted to cross the road.

Her incoming heat stroke made her not be aware of her surroundings, her steps hazy and slow. She heard a loud honk ringing in her ears as she felt herself being pulled back.

Her vision yet blurry, she heaved out a breath, her hair falling on face. Renjun, who had pulled her back when seeing a truck come her way, frowned at her behaviour.

"Do you have a death wish?" He asked, raising his eyebrows as he habitually bit his lip ring. "You should look where you're going! What if he didn't pull you back." Munhee rambled, panicked.

Their voices were muffled to her as she hit her temple with the back of her wrist in an attempt to have a hold of herself. Renjun's fingers that were incircled around her belt loop soon let go, pushing his hair back.

She was yet leaning on his chest, somewhat feeling better by the cold that emitted from him.

"Are you okay?" Munhee asked, placing the back of her hand on her forehead. "Yeah, I'm fine." She replied, distancing her self from Renjun.

Renjun's eyes were fixated on her back, not believing her at all. He shook his head, looking at the traffic signal instead. "We should get away from the sun." Munhee said, a soft pout on her lips.

He nodded, following them. He didn't know why he saved her, it wasn't like he cared for her, she was just an... acquaintance.

They soon reached the icecream parlor, this time without getting hit by any vehicle.

The cold air of the air-conditioner calmed her down, making a ghost of a smile appear on her lips. "I'm ordering the icecreams, which one do you want?" Munhee asked both of them as they sat down.