8.

"It's not working mom!" Yenmi yelled, her voice cracking

"It's not working mom!" Yenmi yelled, her voice cracking. Aera took her daughter's hand in hers, closing her own eyes. "Then let's try it this way." She said, making Yenmi sigh before closing her eyes.

She was tired, tired of trying to get her 'powers', if she even had them, out. For the past two weeks, she had been trying, but there was no effect.

Tomorrow was the big day, or not. They had a class where they would unleash their powers and use them, and it was mandatory. Scoffing out a humourless chuckle, Yenmi followed the instructions Aera said.

"Feeling any power or rush of adrenaline?" Aera asked. Yenmi hummed as a no, feeling nothing. "Love, are you sure you heard that man correctly? Or was it just a hallucination?"

"I'm sure mom, I wouldn't jump in the water just for fun." Yenmi said, opening her eyes. "Yeah but nothing's working. If you want, I'll ask your dad when he's home."

Yenmi sighed in frustration, her father would be home not earlier than a week later. She slumped down on the chair, agitated.

"Good luck for tomorrow sweetie."

:: The next day —

Yenmi crossed her arms over her chest, looking at the unfamiliar faces. Suddenly, Munhee popped up beside her, grinning ear to ear. "Yo Yenmi!" She swung an arm over her shoulder, staring at a particular someone.

"Hey." Yenmi mumbled, pursing her lips. "Can I ask you a question?" Yenmi suddenly said, turning towards Munhee. The addressed girl hummed, still staring ahead.

"Don't you like- have your group? Why do you always approach me then- not that I don't like it but I was just curious." Yenmi asked.

"You see, my friends are quite messed up. Renjun is always training and comes home with bruises, Haechan has this liking towards Nara but she has rejected him many times. Nara is always in her world and doesn't share anything, we don't even know how she became a fallen. Mark is just.. there. Chenle and Jisung are too busy with their own lives, or they just gave up."

"What about Jeno then?" Yenmi asked, staring at Munhee. "He's.. probably the only one who can hold a decent conversation with me."

Yenmi awkwardly stood there, they all always seemed so close, but they weren't actually. "Don't get me wrong, but after Nara joined our group, no one seems very comfortable like before." Munhee admitted, picking her nails.

"Mi!" Aria called out, jogging towards the two girls. "Hi Ari." Yenmi flashed her a smile. "Oh hello there Munhee." Aria greeted, slightly bowing.

"Hi Aria." Munhee responded. "Where's Jaemin?" Yenmi asked, standing between the two. "Oh he'll be late." Aria's lips tugged up.

"Hello students! Hope everyone is here!" The professor announced, catching the attention of everyone. "So do you all know what to do?" He yelled in the mike. A bunch of groggy hums was what he got in response.

"Louder!"

"Yes sir!" Everyone said in unison. All the students began doing their thing, trying their best to transform as most of them weren't used to it yet.

Yenmi too tried but got no response. A sigh escaped her lips as she saw everyone turn into their forms, looking beautiful as ever.

"You good..?" Munhee asked Yenmi, already in her form. Yenmi shook her head as a no. "I've never been able to activate my powers." She admitted her head hung low.

"Oh? Do you want me to help you?" Munhee said, transforming in her human form. "I don't know, my mom tried it too."

Munhee ignored her and gripped both her hands, closing her eyes as Yenmi followed her actions. "Moon? Are you being for real? You don't even know how that works." Renjun voiced out, walking towards the trio.

Munhee opened her eyes, glaring at the male. "Oh shut up, at least I'm trying to help her." She said.

Renjun clicked his tongue, glaring back at Munhee. "You can hurt her that way." He stated, matter of factly. "Then why don't you do it?" Munhee retorted.

Yenmi stood there awkwardly, absolutely not saying anything. "No, there's no way I'm doing that." He said, glancing at Yenmi.

"See? You're a coward." Munhee spat. Renjun bit his lip ring, nodding hesitantly. "Fine then, I'll unleash her powers, that is, if she has any." He said, pushing Munhee away.

Taking her hands in his, he closed her eyes, Yenmi contemplating to do the same. "Come on already," Renjun grumbled, grip tightening.

Yenmi gave in, closing her eyes. Minutes passed but nothing happened, Yenmi soon began to hear whispers.

"Ain't that the middle school freak?"
"Ha! Renjun is wasting his time on someone who doesn't even have powers."
"How'd she even have the guts to show up?"
"She looks pretty and all, but a good for nothing human."

Yenmi didn't react, after all, she was used to it for years. Renjun ignored the urge to glare at them and continued trying to ignite her inner powers.

Time was going slow, by now everyone went back to doing their own thing, completely ignoring the two. Aria and Munhee stared at them in anticipation, crossing their fingers.

Yenmi felt a spark inside her, whatever it was, travelled each part of her body and she felt her body change. A bright light flashed, blinding anyone near her.

Renjun stumbled backwards with his arm covering his eyes as Aria and Munhee did the same. Yenmi transformed, but only for a split second before the light disappeared, and she fell on the ground, now unconscious.

Aria ran towards her figure, eyes widened. "What happened to her!" She asked to no one in specific, as Renjun stared at Yenmi in amusement.

He glanced at Munhee, grabbing her by the wrist.

"Let's go."

Lmao idk anymore

Lmao idk anymore.

A question: do y'all want this to be a 'short' book (30-ish chapters)
Or a long long book (50+ chapters)