52.

The Huang boy crossed one leg over the other, flicking the side of his bangs as he stared down at his screen

The Huang boy crossed one leg over the other, flicking the side of his bangs as he stared down at his screen. When his eyes trailed up to the corner of the screen, he let out a sigh.

Two months, it had been two long months since the grand birthday party and two months since he killed Haoran and Aria- who after getting a whole ass beating from Jaemin- was sent to the infamous dungeon, never to return.

How were the two months you may ask?

They were like a living hell for him- quite ironic for him to say so. Not one night did he not think about her- not because of any other reason but that of him not being able to save her.

Well, she was alive but at the same time not.

He twirled the ring in his finger, which he later found out to be stolen by Aria, his mother returning it. The metal now seemed unfamiliar to him, it was missing for months after all.

What a thieving bitch.

He tossed his phone aside, scowling at the pile of books scattered on the wooden table. None of them even made sense to him, and he wondered how the others were keeping up with all of it when the supposed smartass was struggling himself.

A yawn escaped his lips, his eyelids failing to remain open. Renjun buried his face into his palms, mumbling words to himself.

Did he ever mention how much he hated studying? Because if not, it clearly showed.

His ears perked up at the sound of someone giggling, looking up at the noise. There came in Jeno and his girlfriend- the 'angel girl'.

From what he heard from Munhee, the Angel was named Deiji. As her name suggests, she was truly like a Daisy- very outgoing and her aura was so positive, that it sometimes made Renjun distance himself from her.

The 'I see the good in everything' kind of person.

Renjun didn't like overly outgoing people he didn't like people in general but that was known to everyone anyway.

For the past two months, nothing very excited had happened, or nothing seemed exciting to Renjun. It was the same old routine he was following, except bumping into the Phoenix now and then or listening to her rants on the cliff.

Heck, the girl hadn't even spoken a word to him.

Donghyuck and Nara kept being frenemies, but a further improvement- Nara began showing her true colours which got everyone to warm up to her.

Of course, not Huang, his cold, unbothered image was persistent.

Unlike what happens in the movies, the incident- which would be referred to a lot, didn't really cause any sort of storm in his world.

Just the same boring world with a hint of sadness present.

But

It surely did hit Jaemin's world a lot. The poor man was always unhappy, he tried not to let it affect him but after all, Li was his best friend- is still.

Yangyang too, often felt that emptiness whenever he entered their hideout, the same feeling went for Jisung, Chenle, Jiyayi and Lucas. They weren't broken, no, they were rather.. empty.

The others were quite shocked how well Renjun and Jaemin were holding up, it was definitely better than what they thought. Especially the Demon, everyone- I tell you, everyone was surprised when he didn't even cry, at least not in front of them.

It was shocking, yes, but sometimes not everything goes how you expect it to be.

"Hey bro," Mark said, sitting in front of Renjun who snapped out of his thoughts. Giving the male a nod as a reply, his eyes skimmed over the pile of books again.

Mark raised both his eyebrows, drumming his fingers against the wood. "How have you been keeping up?" He questioned the Demon.

Renjun narrowed his eyes at him, shrugging nevertheless. "Why wouldn't I be fine?"

It had become a habit of Renjun- answering a question with a question. Over the two months, he learnt to avoid questions rather than facing them, for once, running away from his problems.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure she meant a lot to you." No one dared mention her name, afraid that he would snap out at them.

Renjun groaned, throwing his head back in frustration. "Why is everyone acting like Yenmi is fucking dead?" He spat.

Mark shifted in his seat, awkwardly chuckling. "She's as good as dead." He muttered. Renjun glared at the man, rolling his eyes. "No she's not, she'll be ranting away to me in no time."

Mark smiled sadly, patting his head. "Good luck on that, Renjun."

The brunette felt his hands ball into a fist, clenching his jaw. "Why you fuckers, what part of 'she is not dead' do you not understand?" He snapped.

Need a reason why Jaemin and Renjun weren't acting like how they thought they would? simple, because they knew.

Knew that the Phoenix would fight herself just to be back.

She's no dead girl, simply fighting to live 😀🕶🤏

Idk if y'all noticed but I wrote this chapter like two weeks after the earlier chaps cause of my exams. It ain't noticeable ig-