40.

"I wish I could've not existed," Yenmi muttered, staring at the professor boredly

The old man kept blabbering words that she clearly didn't understand, who would even. Her attention was drawn to the boy who sat a few seats ahead of her, obviously none other than Lee Donghyuck himself.

He had his head laid on the desk, hands acting as a pillow. A bored hum escaped her lips, her head involuntarily sliding off her palm. "Ouch." She grumbled, leaning it back on her palm.

She was rather tired than bored, though she didn't even do much. As each second passed, her eyes felt drowsy, sleepy from the boring lecture.

The professor suddenly slammed the book in hand down, shooting a fake smile at the class- specifically at Yenmi before he turned around towards the board.

She flinched, eyes wide open. If she wasn't fully awake before, she surely was now. She smacked her palm when she unwantedly yawned, eyes covering with a thin layer of moisture.

Maths was fun when you understand it, they said, but Li definitely did not enjoy it even if she understood it, which was a rare event in itself.

She sighed, rubbing her swollen eyes in annoyance. Like any other professor, he gave them a ton shit of work to do and the worse part was that she hated the chapter to death.

Just as he dismissed the class, she trudged her way towards the door, her body feeling heavy. Yenmi bumped through people, her blurry vision not allowing her to see much.

It wasn't like she really was like this daily, today she just felt drained, exhausted. Her body came in contact with another, crashing into his not so tall self.

She gave up on even apologising, simply leaning on him. "What- get off me please." He groaned, pushing her away. Her ears perked up at Huang's voice, only clinging on to his arm again.

If she was more herself, she most definitely would not have done that, but at the point, she truly didn't care. "Li Yenmi what is wrong with you?" He muttered, staring down at her.

She closed her eyes, letting him lead her wherever he wanted, not like she had any classes later.

"Ain't this just great." His tongue was pressed against his inner cheek as he pushed his hair back, unwillingly pulling her with him.

The people around them didn't even care, simply pushing past them in a hurry to go to class or get out of the premises.

Yenmi pressed her lips in a thin line, her steps getting heavier by the moment. All she wanted or needed was sleep. Sleep was exactly what she lacked.

"The things I do." Renjun rambled on, taking her to the place he wanted to go.

He pulled her out of the place, walking at his own pace. If the girl wasn't right beside him, he would've probably gone to the café first and then where they currently were going.

He ignored the looks he was getting, and kept glancing at the Phoenix, trying to make sure she didn't accidentally get left behind.

The demon boy soon got used to the female clinging onto his arm, just walking mindlessly.

The busy streets soon went out of sight, the calm and breezy atmosphere greeting them. The leaves of the trees slowly fell on the forest floor, oblivious of the duo coming their way.

The small flowers on the floor decorated the place, looking as beautiful as ever. He stopped right in front of a tree, momentarily looking at Yenmi.

"Are you going to not let go of me anytime soon?" He asked her, who simply hummed in response. Shrugging, the male closed his eyes, appearing right on top of a thick branch.

Frowning, Li opened her eyes, a small yelp escaping her lips. She clung on to his arm even tighter, purely terrified at the height they were on.

He shifted closer to the trunk of the tree, his legs hanging off the branch. "Relax, doll," Huang said, chuckling.

That surely calmed her down.

"Why did you have to get me here?" She said, gulping. The boy pointed at the scenery that lay in front of their eyes, truly gorgeous.

Her eyes sparkled in awe, before she snapped out of her trance, getting a grasp of the situation. "I'm sitting on a tree with Huang fucking Renjun, what a dream." She spoke, glancing at the said man.

Taking her aback, he turned his head towards her, flashing her his attractive smile. She widened her eyes, jaw agape. "I just realised I've never seen him smile genuinely." She spoke to herself.

He narrowed his eyes at her, having heard her a bit too well. "Oh uh- nothing, continue whatever you were doing." She said, gesturing towards the book in his hands.

Looking away, a light blush rested on her cheeks from embarrassment, slowly inching away from him and detaching her hand arms from his.

The cool breeze hit his arm, causing him to knit his eyebrows. "Aren't you sleepy?" He asked her.

She nodded slowly, cracking her knuckles habitually. "Then what if you fall asleep and er- tumble down?" He asked an amused smirk on his lips.

"What?" She deadpanned, looking at her feet.

He simply mumbled a small 'whatever' before flipping the pages of his book. Unfortunate for her, she felt drowsy again, head dropping.

She shot her eyes open in realisation, shifting back to him, hands wrapped around his for support. "Told you so." He mocked.

She leaned her head on his shoulder hesitantly, squinting her eyes at the words displayed in the book. Noticing her gaze, he bought the book closer to her.

They both read the same book, engrossed in its wonderfully written storyline. Her eyes were fixated on a certain line, unknowingly a sad smile tugging on her lips.

'And then I go to that place in my mind, where I can see you once again."

Fluff scene damn

Fluff scene damn