13.

A piercing scream sounded around the hallways, making Renjun and Yenmi look up at the same time

A piercing scream sounded around the hallways, making Renjun and Yenmi look up at the same time. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, squinting to find the source of the scream.

The boy who was standing a couple of feet behind her ignored it, continuing to listen to his friend rant. She shrugged, opening her locker.

The locker was a mess as if a hurricane had hit it. From clothes to her books, everything was everywhere. She rubbed her bare face with her palm, ambivalent to organise it.

She stared at the mini calendar hung against the metal, which showed August. The end of the month was nearing, and so were exams. Inwardly groaning at the thought, she placed her hand on the door, ready to slam it shut.

She did as she thought, slamming it shut, but what she forgot was her fingers in between the locker. Although she didn't notice it, Aria surely did.

The door abruptly stopped, causing Yenmi to frown.

I thought I pushed it hard enough.

She placed both her hands on her hips, pushing it close with her shoulder before walking away as nothing happened.

The other female sighed, running her fingers through her tangled hair. "What a waste."

:: Later  —

She sighed for the umpteenth time, flipping the pages of the aged book. University wasn't as fun as she thought, it was the opposite.

She drummed the pen on the wooden table, causing the librarian to look at her with a snarl, motioning her to shut up.

Yenmi jeered under her breath, setting her pen on the table. She propped her cheek against her fisted palm, yawning. The air conditioner blew on her face, making her sniffle.

The weather outside was not exactly pleasant. The sky was roaring and the bright sun was long gone. Although she always held a liking for the rain, it was getting too gloomy.

She groggily scanned the page of the book, snapping out her trance when she realised she didn't understand anything. Turning back on pages, she reread it.

The scraping of the chair against the wooden floor was heard, making her glance up.

Yenmi frowned, watching the Demon place the pile of books on the table. He stared back at her, cocking an amused eyebrow up. "What?"

She bitterly smiled, shaking her head as a nothing. Leaning back on the uncomfortably hard chair, she adjusted her glasses.

Renjun rubbed his eyes, the book already making him drowsy. She glanced up from her book, stifling a chuckle when seeing him.

He didn't look anything like a merciless Demon. His shoulders were hunched and his neck was bent when he read the book, a ghost of an arrogant smirk rested on his lips which had a ring pierced into it, one would be lying if they said it didn't match his aura.

His hair was pulled back in a ponytail and the short black bangs contrasted his white t-shirt that hung around his torso.

"Sometimes I want to pull your eyes out of your sockets." He muttered, drawing his lips in tightly, a stoic expression on his face.

She raised both her eyebrows momentarily, lowering them soon. "Please do, I'd rather be blind than have to see your face every moment." She retorted, turning the page.

He craned his neck sideways, leaning forward. "Oh, I know you enjoy it."

She dryly scoffed, smacking her lips together. "I would like you to fuck off." She simply said, eyes roaming around the now crowded library.

"It's not like I want to be here either." He said, leaning his head on the desk. Her eyes fixated on his figure, she held her palm out open, the wand appearing with its purple mist.

A soft pout appeared on her lips as she thought of which spell to use on him. She closed her eyes to cast a spell but immediately opened them when she felt the stick being tugged away from her grasp.

"Not so easily." He pressed, playing with the wand between his fingers. "What'd I ever do to deserve this," Yenmi mumbled, extending her hard to snatch her wand back.

"Probably sinned in your last life." He said, picking up his belongings and hers too. "Hey give it back you Demon!" She yelled, following him out of the library.

"Shut up Miss Li." The librarian spat, only to be ignored by both of them.

Yenmi ran, catching up with the man who practically stole the most important thing in her life, and her bag too. "Shit, I'm already exhausted." She cursed, fanning herself with her hand.

A yelp of surprise escaped her lips when Renjun teleported in front of her, the bag and wand in his hands. "I'll make a deal." He started, surprisingly serious.

"I'll give this useless stick back if you give me something." He began, fingers brushing the rough surface of the wand. "Firstly, the only thing that's useless here is you, secondly, what the fuck do you want in return?"

Renjun rolled his eyes, pulling the shorter female closer by her belt loops, smirking.

"My Ring."

After 13 chapters they had a proper interaction 😀🔫Um also- what y'all think bout this book so far-

Um also- what y'all think bout this book so far-