15: The Nightmare

Bro 200+ reads-

The pitch black eyes of the demon glared into hers, his palm wrapped around the wooden handle

The pitch black eyes of the demon glared into hers, his palm wrapped around the wooden handle. "No, stay away." She warned, the penetrating pain in her left thigh not helping one bit.

She crawled back, her body dragging against the ground. He grazed his finger against the Katana, the crimson blood coating the pad of his finger.

In a flash, he teleported right beside her, crouching down. A shriek of terror escaped her bruised lips, her heartbeat erratic. "It's fun right? To going to be the future ruler of the world?" He asked, caressing her cheek.

Tears mixed with blood streamed down her face, her voice trembling whenever she spoke. "But, you yet wanted it all. You didn't even hesitate." He spat, disappearing before teleporting behind her.

The blade pressed against her neck, forming a minor cut. "It hurts right?" His voice was laced with venom, almost as if he held all the hatred in the world against her.

She felt weak, powerless. No matter how hard she tried, nothing worked, her powers just wouldn't activate, it was like she was back when she first got them.

"You can't even save yourself, how will you save the entire world, doll?" He whispered, bloodied hands bopping her nose.

"Don't call me that!" She said, trying to put up a strong facade. He chuckled mirthlessly, his voice sounding immensely ugly to her.

"Just kill her already, you're taking too much time." A feminine voice said, pursing her lips. The Demon growled, ushering her away.

He harshly pulled her up with her collar, smirking. Leaning closer, he smiled. "Now let's wrap this up, eh?" His fangs grazed over her earlobe, purely disgusting her.

He pressed his lips against her forehead, making tears stream down her face even faster. He glanced at her, widening his eyes by a fraction. "Well, that's cool." He said, wiping the tears from both her eyes to show it to her.

Golden and red.

"Just let me go you asshole!" She yelled, her voice chords burning. He clicked his tongue, grip tightening on the Katana. "Not so easily darling." He said before all around her got blurry, black dots blinding her vision and knees weakening.

His malicious laugh was heard in the background as she clutched onto her stomach. "Now all I need is your wings," He began, before she fell limp on the ground, a lone black tear escaping her amber eyes.

"Before you're dead."

Yenmi sat up straight, her breathing uneasy. Her eyes wandered in the dark room, finally finding the clock which read, 2:59.

She hastily wiped her tears stained face, sniffling.

Small beads of sweat rolled down her hairline as she parted her chapped lips in panic. Why did the nightmare look so real, more importantly, why did she get it?

Her knuckles whitened when she gripped onto her duvet in dread, the cold breeze of the air conditioner hitting her rather sweltering body.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she kicked the dark duvet off her, fanning herself with her hand. "Why is it so hot." She muttered, stumbling towards her window and pushing it open.

She was terrified, every gentle noise had her flinching, her guard up. The curtains of her window blew wildly with the wind, but yet she felt nothing, yet feeling as if she had been put on fire.

The atmosphere was thick, with every thought she thought about her nightmare, it only became thicker. Yenmi rolled her sleeves up, tying her hair up in a bun.

She mindlessly walked out of her room, then out of her house, going wherever her feet took her. The sky wasn't clear yet, but it wasn't raining either.

The slightly strong wind calmed her muscles down and loosened her up, but her body was yet burning.

The familiar cliff came into view as her mind trailed back the when she almost drowned. Instinctively looking around, she leaned her body on the rock which was a couple meters away from the cliff.

The sound of the water gushing against the cliff made her feel at peace, her eyes closing. Suddenly feeling a presence infront of her, she shot her eyes open, her face hardening.

He glanced at her, teeth pulling on his lip ring. "Oh, it's you." She muttered, relaxing again. The male walked towards the edge of the cliff, sitting down and letting his legs hang of the edge.

"That's.. dangerous." Yenmi commented, crossing her arms over her chest. "I have wings, doll." He deadpanned, scoffing.

"Doll..." She grumbled, remembering the nickname from her nightmare, Like a fresh scar imprinted in her mind. Renjun on the other hand, wasn't exactly comfortable with the fact that she was a Phoenix, but it wasn't like she was a possibile threat to him, yet.

She jumped on the rock, her head throbbing. Bringing her knees to her chest when she sat, she propped her chin against it.

"Have you ever had a nightmare?"

Ngl I think this book is going quite slow-