31.

The bright light from the chandelier shone down on the numerous creatures, somehow not blinding them

The bright light from the chandelier shone down on the numerous creatures, somehow not blinding them. The tall male leaned on the wall, staring at the people with a bored expression resting on his face.

He wasn't here to watch them, no, he was uninterested to even be here. He was here for her, the one who naturally stood out the most.

"Oh come on, loosen up a bit." The other female rolled her eyes, her hand gracefully holding onto the glass of champagne.

He seemed to be annoyed by her words, pushing his silver hair back. "I'm not here to get wasted like you, we have a job." He snapped.

"Job? Sweetheart, we're doing this on our own will. We are the boss." She snarled at him, sipping on the red liquid.

He glanced at the place Yenmi stood, not finding her anymore. "Fucking hell."

She hissed in annoyance, trying to get out of his hold. He dragged her to a secluded room, locking the door close. Finally able to yank his hand away, she shot the man an icy glare.

"What the fuck Huang?"

The said boy sighed, massaging his temples. "Are you really that dumb?" He spoke, fixing the sleeves of his shirt.

She knitted her eyebrows, obviously confused to what he meant. "You know, that plan of yours isn't really going to work if you don't be alert. Where's Jisung anyway?" He grumbled, also confused as to why he was indirectly helping them.

"He went to the restroom, and what do you mean by 'plan'?" She air quoted.

He looked pissed, crossing his arms over his chest as his eyes turned black. "There's no point lying to me now, doll." He scoffed out, craning his head to the side.

"Lying? Where's the lie?" She cocked an eyebrow up, reflecting the same energy as him. "We have no plan, as Jaemin said, we're letting our instincts handle it."

A chuckle escaped his lips, before his face turned blank again. "That's the dumbest plan I've ever heard." He deadpanned.

"As I said, there is no plan." She repeated. Holding back the urge to roll her eyes. Renjun almost laughed at their dumbness, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Goodluck not getting killed I guess." He muttered, unlocking the door when his eyes landed on the male who he caught earlier.

"Don't get kidnapped." He added, getting out before she could question any further.

Yenmi was extremely confused, she fixed her dress before exiting the room too, only now realising how weird it would've looked if anyone caught them both exiting the room.

Her eyes skimmed across the room, landing on the one and only; Huang Mingxia.

Oh what a pity, she looks cool for her age. Although, I wouldn't say the same for her personality.