33.

"Come on, love

"Come on, love." He said, extending his arm forward. She gazed up at him, utterly confused. He gave a small smile, intervening his fingers with her, pulling her up.

"Where are we going?" She asked, her hands enjoying the warmth of his hand which used to feel cold to her. "Somewhere beautiful, where there won't be anything on your mind." He cupped her cheeks, a soft pout forming on her lips.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, brushing his nose against hers. "Ofcourse I do." She replied, her voice muffled as she nodded.

He wordlessly pressed his lips against her forehead, in an instant giving her butterflies. He bent down slightly, sliding his arms carefully under her legs as he picked her up, getting a yelp of surprise from her.

"What? Are you going to throw me off the cliff?" She muttered in disbelief, her cheeks painted with a hue of red. A low chuckle escaped his lips as scoffed playfully.

"Now, why would I do that to you, Mei?" He asked, rolling his eyes.

She puffed her cheeks out, arms resting around his neck for support. "I don't know, you rarely even call me by my name anymore." She grumbled.

"I like to be different, I'd rather call you Mei instead of your real name." He winked at her, before his wings sprouted out his back, flapping against the air as he began flying.

Her grip subconsciously tightened around his neck, her body stiffening. "I won't let you fall." He smiled, making her calm.

"How are you here though?" She asked in curiousity, very well knowing his packed schedule. He let out a sigh, looking straight ahead.

The boy instead chose to ignore her, lips drawn into a thin line. "Here we are." He said, eyebrows cocked up as he stared at the beautiful sun rising up slowly.

"Wow." She mumbled, her mouth agape as she stared in awe. He craned his neck sideways, staring at the girl in his arms.

The soft sunlight hit her face, making her look like she literally glowed. Her eyes matched the colour of the sun as he just couldn't take his eyes off her.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She asked, glancing back at him. "Yes, it is." He said, eyes still fixated on her.

She stared at him in disbelief, shaking her head. "You aren't even looking at it, stop staring at me." She scoffed out. "It's beautiful, you're beautiful so it doesn't matter who I look at." He simply said.

Her heart tugged at his words, her heart beating as quickly as it could. "Oh god shut up." She muttered, hiding her head in his chest. He laughed at her flustered state, end of his eyes slightly crinkling.

"I'll always be by your side." He suddenly said. "Till death parts us apart." They said in unison, laughing afterwards.

"Yenmi, wake up." Jisung sighed for the umpteenth time, shaking her shoulders as his back hurt from leaning into the car. The girl yawned, rubbing her eyes as she sat up straight.

As usual, another dream.

"We're here." He said, pointing at her house. She nodded, grunting as she got out of the car.

She walked lazily inside the house, unaware of absolutely anything. Jisung stared at her in shock, hand covering his mouth. "You're okay now?" He asked.

She halted in her steps, looking back at him with a frown. "What do you mean?" She asked, ruffling her messed up hair.

He hesitantly pointed at her foot which was bare, as she left her heels in the mansion like Cinderella. "Huh?" She muttered, following his gaze as she looked at her feet.

"Oh? Oh- hold the fuck up." She spoke to herself, walking around like a child trying on new shoes. "That's- wow." She said, inspecting the ankle.

Before she could even continue, she was engulfed in a breathtaking hug, literally. "Good lord are you okay?" Aera asked, cupping her daughter's face in her palms as she scanned her from head to toe.

"You're spotless but where are your shoes?" She asked, raising an eyebrow up. "I was well, running away from her so I kind of jumped from the balcony.." she chuckled sheepishly, scratching her nape.

"That's nic- wait what?" Aera exclaimed, eyes wide as she turned her daughter around, looking at her once again. "How did you not break your limbs?" She asked in disbelief, only then her gaze landing on Jisung.

"Boy you promised to keep her safe!" She said, pointing her finger at him. "Mrs. Li, she is safe." He said, matter of factly.

Well, he wasn't wrong. Even if she did actually break her limb, she would've healed anyway. There was no scope of her getting hurt, unless she was weak and her body could not use those powers.

Yenmi chuckled at her overly worried mother, squeezing her hand. "I'm fine mom, there's no need to scold poor Ji, he helped me out alot." She smiled.

Aera rolled her eyes, pulling her daughter in the house, Jisung awkwardly stood there, waving at her as she tried to get out of her mother's grip. "Bye Jisung!" He heard her yell before the door was slammed close.

He walked back towards his car, pulling the door open. He placed his hand in the gear shifter, foot on the accelerator as he was ready to drive off.

His breath hitched when he felt a sharp object pressed against his neck, almost cutting his skin. He tried to look back at who it was but was unable to spot anyone in the darkness.

The person laughed lowly, a smirk playing on their lips.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Park Jisung."

Did I just make Jisung and Jaemin the second leads? Yes

Will I be adding more important characters? Yes.
Are they going to fall for her too? No.

@ me spoiling my own book as dreams