45.

Her eyes wide, she stared at him in disbelief

Her eyes wide, she stared at him in disbelief. "Mei?" Her voice was barely above a whisper, eyebrows knitted together.

He chose to ignore her, playing with Emerald instead. Her cheeks flushed a hue of pink, something that hadn't happened to her for quite a long time.

Yenmi opened her mouth to speak, but she wasn't able to form any words. Looking away, her nails scratched the pads of her fingers.

"It's quite late." He broke the ice, looking at the moon. Well, he wasn't wrong, when Li woke up, it was about four in the morning. Judging by the time they spent here, the sun would probably rise in a couple of minutes.

She nodded, having the courage to stare at him. She narrowed her eyes at him, not bothering to even hide the fact she was staring.

At the feeling of someone's eyes on him, he turned his head towards her, catching her red-handed. A smirk was bought up on Huang's lips at her, raising both his eyebrows.

She didn't look away even at his intense gaze, the tension level rising slowly. It was more like a staring competition at this point, none of them willing to lose.

Emerald, who was yet in Yenmi's lap looked at the two, confused too. She mewed, crawling into Renjun's lap. His fingers brushed through her hair, maintaining the contact.

Yenmi felt an unknown feeling of her stomach churning at the strange boy, too lost in his eyes to notice the sun slowly rising.

His eyes subconsciously trailed down to her lips, before almost immediately looking away. He let his head fall, looking at the cat instead.

His teeth nibbled on his lip ring, mindlessly playing with Emerald's paws. She too, soon tore her gaze away from him, a soft smile etching on her lips at the rather breathtaking view.

Renjun sighed at himself, shaking his head in disappointment. He did promise himself to not let his feelings get ahead of himself- that is if he had any for the girl.

The Demon suddenly stood up, Emerald in his arms. She looked up at him confusion written all over her face. He didn't spare her one glance or word, as he made his way to his house which wasn't very far from where she sat.

She stared at his back which slowly disappeared, her lips tugging downwards. She was no fool, she noticed how his gaze was shifted to her lips- of course, she did.

Also, the nickname given to her, the girl was aware enough to know what it meant and was bewildered at it too. Her emotions were tangled up, she had absolutely no idea what was happening.

Everything was just not on her side- this boy who made her feel things would soon be on the battlefield, against her. She didn't even know whether or not he was playing an act, after all, he is a Demon.

Her hands pulled her hair in annoyance, letting out a groan. Whatever he was doing to her wasn't going to end up well, and the least she wanted was to get played by him.

Smacking her lips together, the Phoenix looked at the now bright sky, enabling herself to zone out. Her thoughts were a mess too, none of them making sense.

Why him?

I have a plot for another book- but um I'm probably gonna make the love interests not fixed on one and the main roles will be my ults which includes Renjun so aheM 😀🤚