Seven.

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Fatima awoke with the sound of her ringtone blaring from beneath her pillow making her groan in annoyance but also need that so she can go feed her stomach. She wants to eat, go through her camera before she goes back to sleep again knowing she had nothing to do till the next day again at school. That argument with that stupid police officer took a toll over her mental health that she needs more time to relax before handling anyone else.

Checking the caller ID, it was Betsy and instantly, she knew why the girl called but she answered anyway.

"I got so curious that I can't wait for tomorrow. Who was that hotie?" Her voice gave everything away, she is totally smitten by the police officer like all the female population around that saw him or even glimpse of him. She is now his aficionado too, bad choice.

She knew he was going to be the talk of the town for a long time, she hates having the attention being taken from her. Fatima loves attention being solely on her so as soon as she thinks something is going to swerve the attention off of her, she tries another stunt to bring it back. If she can't get that in the confines of four walls, she can get it in the vast world which is how she aims it.

She felt cathartic with the mere mention of his name. "The witch's nephew. That is besides what we want now, is it?" She kept quite for a little, giving Betsy the time to arrange herself together. "Search everything you can about him and send it to me immediately."

"Yes, bossy boss." Betsy mocked in a ribald way then hung up the phone to get the work done. That is why they are closer, she can hack into anyone's computer and Fatima needs all information she could get before she strikes.

"Come here, Leo." She summoned her black cat sighting him on his bed by the farther end of the room.

"Have you eaten?" The cat yawned, eyes looming with sleep but he looks well fed which means her personal maid did feed him like she is supposed to, remaining her. Feeding the cat isn't cinch, hats off to the woman. Normally, she is the only one that gets to him.

She buzzed the intercom beside her on the bedside table and told the maid to bring some food for her. She didn't bother specifying what she wants, the lady should know since they've been together for long and she knows what she wants and what time too. The woman is the only person she tolerates in that whole mansion, it is not news that she hates people and most especially nosey ones.

She stood up and made her way to her closet, removed a rouge night shirt and wrestled inside it feeling the soft cotton falling mildly on her lower thigh. Her eyes fell on the mirror taking off one whole wall and she grimaced at the sight of her hair tangled in a mess like a bird's nest. She does not have long hair, the exact opposite actually because if she packs it up in a ponytail, it makes a small ball worth an orange.

It irritates her to no end because she's used each cream to have ever existed for longer hair but to no avail. She did all those tricks from YouTube, rice water and all those shit didn't work out too so she stopped trying and just let it be. She decided to capitulate and cede. She only stretches it when it's needed or ask her personal maid to pleat it for her whenever she feels drained of combing it as if it wants to come off her head.

And it is not soft, not anything cute like those protagonists talk about. Seriously, they should stop exaggerating silky hairs or she won't read.

"Your early dinner is here, Maah." Her personal maid called out from her room and she smiled. Finally, someone she could talk to without feeling constricted and forced. Or maybe, the strong urge to annihilate someone.

"I'm coming, Asabe." She called out before slipping her comfortable furry flip-flops and left the closet.

"Yau ran ki ya baci ko? Naji kina ta fada da Hajiya Adeelah; You were mad today weren't you? I heard your yells earlier with Hajiya Adeelah." Asabe questioned, keeping the plate filled with food -veggie pizza on whole, wheat bread loaded with vegetables and cheese plus Greek yoghurt with banana and blueberry - for Fatima on her desk.