Epilogue...

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

"Look how pretty she looks." Fatima murmured to Ahmad as they sat on one of the well seasoned chairs facing the couple standing at the front facing one another.

Ahmad looked down at Fatima and kissed her forehead then yaw his attention back to what's in front of them. "You are beautiful."

Fatima raise her head with a grimace and glare at him. She pointed at her large belly before her then eyed him some more, he knew her mood swings so he chuckled. "You're still beautiful whether you accept it or not." He muttered with utter veracity, hoping she sees that.

Fatima snickered beneath her breath, earning scolding eyes from the older woman beside her but she couldn't stop herself from saying. "Even if you will keep saying that in my ear each morning, I won't agree. Thank God there is no blotted nose and mouth, I would've killed you long ago. Be glad I only gained weight."

Ahmad shook his head. Fatima is nine months pregnant and will give birth today or tomorrow but she had to wobble her way to Betsy's wedding. Betsy wanted to add some more time because of her pregnancy but Fatima wasn't having it, she wants Betsy to marry the right man as soon as possible and not waste time when she is not handicapped. They were all reluctant but with Fatima in the picture, you know to never put in mind that you will win against her. She'd fulminate them all and she was moody too when it happened.

Few months ago Betsy came to her rambling about a man she's met on social media and thought he was only there for cruise but with more time spent chatting with him, she realized that he is the one for her whether she sounds foolhardy or histrionic, she doesn't care. At her request, they agreed to meet at a cafe, a public one at Fatima's insistence in case he is a ritualist or kidnapper since you just never know with those social media people.

"I don't want my son to grow up without a godmother. He should come running to you whenever I decide to banish him away from my home." Fatima had said, rubbing circles around her six months old belly unconsciously. Betsy had stared at her with a large loving smile, her magnanimous friend.

And now they are sitting on rows of chairs watching Betsy dance with her husband, Travis Markers. A man in his late thirties, standing really tall, taller than Ahmad and all other men she's met. He is handsome too with his long droopy nose, Asian eyes, straight concrete jawline and lean body. Half Aussie and half Nigerian and his mother didn't like the wedding at first before she's met Fatima who decided to back up her friend in the best possible way and the woman reluctantly agreed to the marriage. It was not easy, Betsy was depressed then but everything is fine now.

Fatima suspects that Betsy is actually pregnant, she's seen similar signs but she didn't say a word to her, she'll tell her when the time is right but for now, she should enjoy each moment of her wedding. She's dancing amidst smoke bombs, her smile so wide that it warmed Fatima heart. Betsy deserves this and more. None of her family is present except for Francis who walked her down the alter and stood beside her the whole time, Fatima is extremely happy for her friend.

Three months after they've met and they are now married. She didn't want a church marriage since she is not a practicing Christian so she settled on public one in a large event hall with a pastor to fill up. They've said their vows, I dos and exchanged rings and they are currently dancing, their first dance as a couple. She can see the felicity and tranquil in Betsy's eyes, she's found the right man for her and the world is going to be all kaleidoscopic and glittery. Fatima's eyes teared up again, those goddamn emotions bubbling up everywhere and anywhere, they are just ubiquitous.

At first Fatima suspected that Raheeb and Betsy were having an affair but they proved her wrong when they confessed that they've tried something but it just wouldn't work out so they settled on friendship which blossomed beautifully because he flew out from Minnesota with his mother to come attend her wedding. She's seen his eyes though, he wanted to be there dancing with Betsy instead of Travis but knew it wouldn't have worked out for them for some reasons Fatima don't want to find out. It's way better that they tried the relationship and ended it before telling her.