Fifty Five.

I was in school with baddddd network but hereeeee....

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Fatima stood by the other end of the room discretely trying to adjust her cloth and retouch her head tie alongside her veil. The cops outside gently walked in when Ahmad saw that she is decent enough to entertain his concerned colleagues. His heart is still thumping loudly inside his chest and he won't lie that the interruption really disarmed him. Why do they have to come so early in the morning and that too without concrete notice? Don't they know that mornings are for family along with nights? Why didn't they offer to come in the afternoon?

Schooling his expression, he gave them a smile and shook each of their hands. Two young female police officers sauntered in, one holding a bouquet of flowers and the other with a basket filled with fruits. Ahmad thanked them as they gently place the items on the bedside table beside him. Fatima is staring from afar by the door to the bathroom, she didn't utter a word to them and watch as they all exchange hearty pleasantries with him. There is no doubt they have uttermost respect for Ahmad from the way they regard him and how they talk to him. Something she lacks, this one is enough to burst his head anyway.

There is no pretending that she couldn't see how they are all giving the two of them questioning glances as if asking why Fatima Musa Babagana is in the same room as him all disheveled and lips swollen. She's sat down on the couch and crossed her legs with her phone in hand like they aren't there. Most of the men there are giving her appreciative glances trying to be as discreet as possible but failing miserably from the way Ahmad had tended with jealousy. It's taking all his strength not to demand that they leave the room immediately.

But seeing Fatima Musa Babagana is native attire did them bad. It's a sight no one has ever seen and paparazzi would pay damn well for such picture. A dazzling queen, that's how she looks all unbothered and beautiful on the couch. She always looks perfect and today is no less maybe even greater than perfect. What they don't understand is her relationship with their boss. ACP Ahmad acted weird few days ago at the station when a car almost hit her and now she is in his hospital room all comfortable and cozy. Crazy things are happening, and they are all curious about the situationship.

Fatima raise her head when the stares got too much, a smile broke from her lips seeing as the attention she's dressed to seek is all on her. The men thought she did it for another purpose because chorus of greetings hit her ears, their teeth showing all around as they reply her smile with large gargantuan grins. She can't help answering them warily, she is never nice and acting all polite for the sake of Ahmad is making her wary. What the hell! Is that how well mannered people do it? Oh no, manners and etiquettes is definitely not for her, it's official.

"How are you, Ma'am?"

"Hope you're having a great day so far?"

"You look great, Ma."

And so many more, she stopped answering along the way and faked a phone call to Betsy after raising a single finger to shush them, Ahmad had to bite back a smile because he knew all her tactics. She is overwhelmed and this sort of scene is not for her so she needs a break from it. She wouldn't stand up because those two ladies didn't say anything to her, they are sitting their like tyrants as if they are mates. She wants to see where they will go with their flirty giggles to her husband. How far do they think they can go with such pathetic moves? She is not moved at all because they are not pretty!

"Seems like you are recovering pretty quickly, Sir." One of them is saying to Ahmad, her smile gentle and innocent that made Fatima want to gag. Seriously? Is that how girls nowadays flirt to get attention? She longed to tell her all she is doing is pathetic and she should stop making moves on her husband but she kept quiet, a little more push will be her undoing.