Fifty.

ARE YOU READY TO BE SHOCKED?!!!!! READ FURTHER!

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

Betsy threw away the dandelion maxi dress on the floor and rushed to the room in panic. She found Fatima lying on the bed and beside her is a phone still on call, she picked it up with fearful fingers just in case if one of the many rumors she sees and disregard from Facebook about someone calling and sucking away your soul from is true. Both her and Fatima collapse on the bed -she is going to fall on the floor if hers happen actually- won't be a good picture for Adda mama downstairs. She'd panic before springing into action.

She picked the phone tentatively and place it to her left ear then thought about it and tap on speaker. "Who's this and what are you talking about?"

It was quiet from the other end before the person decided to talk as if finally understanding who is talking. A name is actually sprawled on the screen and it says Boo bear so this is the cousin she keeps talking about. Betsy thought, what could her cousin tell her that will get her to react with such ear piercing sound and lost consciousness all together? Fatima is the strongest person she knows so how could something, whatever bad news is get her faint in fear? Did someone die? Or is it her father? Betsy shook her head, that man shouldn't die soon.

Her attention was brought back to the phone when the cousin spoke. "I just got a call that her husband was shoot and might not make it. Help me get her to the hospital. I'll forward you the address, tell my mom about it cause I'm driving and too worried to tell her." He hung up the phone to concentrate on driving.

He spoke to Ahmad few hours before the call asking whether they could catch up in some restaurant and he can show him around the state but he declined the offer and said they were going to some bush to capture some kidnappers they heard about disturbing a small village close by. Raheeb would've stopped him but whenever Ahmad set out to do his work, nothing in the world could stop him. Besides, he doesn't have the right to stop him from doing his work because his safety is endangered. He knew what he's gotten himself into by pledging to serve the country.

They probably called him and told him about the accident because he might be the last person he spoke to. Tension gripped Raheeb's guts as he drove to the hospital. He doesn't know how his mother will handle the matter if Fatima fainted. He gulped, he's got to be strong today for two women or even more because he knew the other part of Ahmad's family will also come for him. Sigh, he is the only man too that will be there. He bit his lower lip, Ahmad need to fight this and wake up. He needs to make through or shatter many people.

Betsy went to the bathroom and filled her hands with water, she didn't close the faucet as she left the en-suite with her hands cupped to keep the water from falling. When she successfully reached Fatima, she sprinkled a bit on her face but she didn't react so she added some more from the other hand that elicited a reaction from Fatima, she stirred and blinked her eyes. Betsy cleaned her hands on her jeans and sat down beside Fatima, watching with keen concern as she surveyed her surrounding and shielded her eyes away from the bite of lights on her eyes. When she finally regained full consciousness, she clutched her head and grimaced.

"What the heck happened to m-" She trailed off, her eyes widened so large that Betsy could imagine them coming off their sockets. It dawned on her that what she's heard before she lost consciousness is true and that Ahmad has been shoot and he might be dead.

Betsy saw the myriad emotions surfing through her face and she hurriedly move to keep Fatima down by her shoulders and seize all movements from her. She's seen it in her eyes, she is about to become hysterical and that shouldn't happen or her headache will double. At the moment, Betsy is clueless on what to do and she's forgotten to call Adda mama to aid her. She won't be able to handle Fatima alone but she will just have to do since leaving her to call the older woman downstairs will only stir more trouble from this energetic girl. She didn't let her go even as Fatima squirmed under the pressure.