Thirty Two.

ADAMAWA STATE, NIGERIA.

The next two days fortunately fell on weekend because Ahmad is still thinking how to arrange for her school. If he allows Fatima that freedom, she won't come back after the first day and that is not what he's promised. After much thought, he decided to get her two police officers that will guard her even in the class. He got one female named Brianna and the other male named Emmanuel. They are to come sharply around eight o'clock and wait for her to finish all her shenanigans then come out. Whether or not she will go to school early is her problem, he's finished that part.

He woke up to pray Fajr then decided to go out on a jog and not the gym today, the weather feels great. As he jogged out, he felt that something is not right back in the house but pushed himself to keep running down the long pathway. When is something ever right in that house anyway? They've always been drama from one side of the world or the other and to think his wife is also a universe herself. Ahmad shook his head and sat down on a bench by the end of the estate that looks more like a bus stop but buses were never there.

He spent the next few minutes arranging what to do for the day then stood up and stretched his muscles watching a car sped down the driveway and out of the estate. He didn't pay much attention thinking it might be his neighbors. Yawning behind his palms, he jogged back to the house and prepare his breakfast alone. He saw how Fatima struggled to make common noodles and that satisfied him because why not? She needs to be punished one way or the other and this is the start for her.

Reaching the house, he saw the guards shrinking and trying to hide something but one of the stern ones he's purposely took stepped forward and bowed his head in apology. Ahmad knew that what he thought is wrong is really wrong and it has everything to do with Fatima. She's done something close to unforgivable and he is almost about to admit that he cannot get through Fatima and he will quit for the first time in his life.

"Sir, Madam just rushed out of the house where a car readily accelerated just outside the gates as soon as she settled in." His head is still bowed as he talked sternly, his voice giving that he didn't like the fact that he's let his guard down enough for the person they are guarding to escape without their notice.

They just came back from the mosque altogether and watch as their boss went for jogging exchanging brief greetings with them and before they knew it, she's rushed out of the house with a small bag and flew outside before they could react with enough time to press on the remote in their pockets. They couldn't stop her, he even rushed to block the gates but Fatima is very sneaky and evading that she miraculously escaped through the loops of his arms on the gates. He even smiled -something he hasn't done in years- at that performance she's pulled off. She really is a policeman's wife.

Ahmad raked a hand through his sweaty growing hair that reminds him to visit a barber soon but that aside, he knew something like this would happen but never this early. The past two days there hardly was any interaction between them suddenly she has disappeared. He knew where she would go so with purposeful strikes, he immediately went to the his room and change his outfit without taking a bath, his passport and other necessities.

"Get another car in the garage and follow me. Don't waste time." With that, he hopped in his new Mercedes Benz and zoomed off the estate hearing the roar of car and lights behind him -he intentionally didn't ask them to take the police car that has sirens, he doesn't want to attract attention. The sun still hasn't rise which makes it more easier to track her down.

But even with the speed he is using, he hasn't caught up with her. It reminds him of the Sienna he saw brushing past him while he was stretching back there at the bus stop. That should be Fatima and whoever it is that came to pick her up in her little plot. And the car wasn't just moving, it was racing down the coal tarred road like the devil himself is chasing after him. Glad that the roads are empty, he pressed the pedal harder and also swiftly drove the the airport that wasn't much far from his estate. He knew Fatima wouldn't go to Babagana's mansion or to any of her friends or even stay in Nigeria when she knew about his strong connection.